Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As everyone says, Raw is such a fucking errand to get through while SD is such a fun, easy watch. This week is another week this is proven. Really fun show. Uso's cut a bloody great promo (if Roman was heel maybe he'd have their charisma?), Falls Count Anywhere was ace (except for Nattie calling spots really loudly when the camera was on her face. Saying "Good job!" after Nikki had ninja kicked her off a wall for example) and the main event was fantastic.

Next week, AJ vs Harper. It's going to be fucking amazing!

• Paid Members

Alexa Vs Becky was fun.I didn't realise hitting the throat was illegal. Maybe we should review all Umaga's wins using the Samoan Spike? Handful of tights for the win was cheeky. Do we inject Carmellsworth and Mickie into a fatal 4-way for the belt at Mania?

Heel Usos are good. 

Nikki Vs Nattie was a bit wild. Got the inevitable Maryse spot in to set up for Mania. I had to double check when Nikki came out because it didn't look like she had pants on.. Everything Maryse knew about swinging lead pipes she apparently learned from Shane McMahon.

That battle royal did a great job forwarding some of the feuds and storylines going forward. Miz & Cena, Ambrose & Corbin, Miz and his mates. Mojo got a run out (not necessarily a good thing). The finish was interesting and the Harper Vs Styles match could be good next week.

Decent show again

As AJ doesnt really have anything lined up for WM (unless the Shane rumours are true), you could have Orton interfere next week, leading to a DQ/AJ win, only for Bryan to make AJ/Orton/Wyatt/Harper 4 way for the title?

Personally I would like AJ in a decent singles match, but its an option if he's not doing anything else. 

Was the finish of that battle royal a purposeful ode to the 2005 Rumble or accidental. Harps clearly won. Useless refs.

The Usos are class.

Talking Smack didn't give us any further hints of a Shane match. If anything it looked like AJ & Bryan was the feud...fuck sake I wish WWE had changed their talent hiring policy sooner

It was quite clear AJ hit first - there's a reason they didn't show the replay.

Decent enough show although you can tell they're just trying to waste a bit of time the now with Mania so far away.

Usos were great and my favourite part which is something I thought I'd never say.

Decent enough show although you can tell they're just trying to waste a bit of time the now with Mania so far away.

I don't think that's a bad thing, we would have usually had Ambrose/Corbin 4 times since the EC by now.

I'm really hoping that they hold off the 1 on 1 match between them until Mania, although I imagine it will happen on The Smackdown after Fastlane, then a big 6/7 man ladder match for the IC title at Mania.

4 way for the WWE title sounds interesting at Mania, could have Harper/AJ end in a draw, only for Bryan to announce a triple threat match at Mania for the belt, then over the coming weeks have Wyatt persuade Orton to enter the match to keep the title in the "family".

Everyone has already said it, but Smackdown is great, not really looking forward to the Cena/Miz match at Mania but the promo's in the build up should be great.

• Awards Moderator

What a lovely show that was. I snorted with laughter at Alexa's "my arms and legs still work!" I genuinely felt bad for Naomi who deserves a little spotlight for getting herself over.

But that Battle Royale... that's how you do a TV main event. Every storyline involved shunts along, everyone gets their shit in, everyone looks pretty good (apart from dickhead Apollo Crews, vying with Natalya for the worst wrestler WWE have on their books) and next week's TV has something to look forward to. Perfect.

Naomi was a bit disrespectful calling Daniel Bryan by his surname during her spot at the start, unless she is thick and calling him by his real name instead

She's on, or was on, total divas where everyone calls him Bryan. It's a big mess of real and fake. I'd let her off with that one.

Archived