Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think I'd have held off Cena's title win until Mania teamed it up with Brie winning the title off Alexa and then give them an Eddie Benoit moment. You could have then easily transitioned to the rumoured proposal angel.

Don't know how Daniel Bryan and Nikki would feel about Cena proposing to Brie

I think I'd have held off Cena's title win until Mania teamed it up with Brie winning the title off Alexa and then give them an Eddie Benoit moment. You could have then easily transitioned to the rumoured proposal angel.

Don't know how Daniel Bryan and Nikki would feel about Cena proposing to Brie

Buggar....

Well at least that would give you a year long story leading to Brie vs Nikki and Daniel vs Cena.

Would be a bigger heel turn than Hogan.

I can't help but feel Big Show/Shaq and Cena/Nikki v Miz/Maryse on the same show is a kind of promotional masterclass. The former is guaranteed time on ESPN, Fox Sports, Sports Center and all that other male, sports fan skewing stuff, whilst the latter will be lapped up by the mainstream press, getting them on the breakfast shows and chat shows etc.

If they had The Rock somewhere, and a pure wrestling banker, like HBK/Angle from back in the day, I'd say they had the best booked, from a promotional standpoint, Mania of all time. They'd have triangulated their 3 potential avenues of support. The wrestling audience being the least important, obviously, as us cunts would watch anyway.

Also, with regards to AJ/Shane. I'm wondering whether they've finally, officially had it confirmed that Seth is knackered and so they're going to transition to HHH/Shane and put AJ in with Bray/Orton. AJ could win the battle royale, Wyatt could convince Orton to join the match to help him win, only for Orton to turn on him at Mania, winning the title and kicking their feud off a few months late.

• Paid Members

I think Harper's winning the battle royal then Orton will be drafted in by Bray as an insurance policy, leading to the turn. Plus they can then have Orton pin Harper for the belt to protect Bray.

Im not really sure how they would get to shane/hhh though this late.

It seems geared up for Harper to be involved in the title match, AJ would be a much better shout though, a face turn seens imminent though so closing out the show with a AJ title win seems logical,

Who the heck wants to see Shaq/Big Show though?

Is Balor likely to be match fit by Mania? I'd maybe just keep the story being that Rollins says he's going to get himself fit to face HHH, then if he isn't, he unveils Finn as his replacement on the night.

If Rollins is good for the match, I'd just have Finn return to confront (I'm assuming by then new champion) Lesnar, either at the end of Mania or on Raw the next night.

• Paid Members

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I have no desire to see Finn Balor challenge Brock Lesnar. Lesnar is a different animal. Whilst the little man vs the big man story can be sold really well with certain people, I can't buy it with Brock Lesnar.

Balor around the time of that UK tournament was meant to be 160-165lbs and he doesn't have a particularly high flying style, it's more strong style based from what I've seen of him. If they wrestled Brock should take a few of those drop kicks, not fall over and then twat him to death.

Distract Balor with a program on his return with Kevin Owens, both could claim they haven't had their re-match for the title. Then Brock drops the title to Reigns (the only two men to beat Undertaker at WrestleMania, unfinished business from Mania 31) and have Balor challenge Reigns after that.

I wouldn't be against Balor v Lesnar at some point down the line assuming that it happens for a decent reason, but I wouldn't want Balor going up against Lesnar as his first feud off the back of an injury.

There's an upcoming episode of WWE24 focuses around Balor's recovery from his shoulder surgery, which would give the impression that they still have him pegged to be in a decent spot going forward, which is good considering how he was brought in

I'm thinking along the lines of Lesnar matches being so Suplex heavy, particularly German Suplexes, which would require Balor to be taking bumps on his upper back and shoulders which he's just had to have surgically repaired.

Of course, there's always going to be the risk there, but having him taking those sort of bumps straight after coming back would be a risk for him. It would be Sod's law and massively shit if he fucks his shoulder up again on his first night back, and putting him against a massive guy like Lesnar whose offence is very dependent on throwing guys around only increases the likelihood of that happening

Archived