Smackdown Discussion Thread

I'd have either the miz or ziggler come out first and get eliminated really early, on number 10 I'd have Dillenger's music hit only to show him being attacked back stage by one of the two mentioned, then for Tye never to be seen again because he's not very good and has a stupid face.

Edited by The King of Old School

Miz is the ideal #10 to gain something from the crowd booing for it not being Dillinger.

Even though they will probably be in the late 20's, I would have Undertaker or Goldberg come out as #10, and see if the crowd would boo either of those for them not being Tye Dillinger!

• Paid Members

Miz has to be 30 with Daniel Bryan's music

I'm amazed Miz hasn't done this already. Do that at number 10 and film all those smarks in the crowd go from disappointment that it's not Tye to excitement that it's D-Bryan to pissed off that it's the Miz.

I think Miz is already good enough at being heel that the 10 spot would be wasted on him. It should be used for someone who they want to newly get over as a bad guy, hence the Ziggler thing. Corbin is another reasonable choice, although he's already arguably getting the right reactions. He's not getting workrate cheers to my knowledge.

I don't keep up with NXT. What's all this #10 business about?

Also, how much of a dick did Otunga sound, making fun of JBL as soon as he sat down for tripping on his way to help Lawler in a serious angle? As Bradshaw said, no one saw you getting off your arse, laughing boy.

About Lawler managing Ziggler, I think Dolph needs a chance to fly solo in a heel role. No Vickie Guerrero, no AJ Lee, no Jerry Lawler. Let's see what he's got in 2017 as a self-centred prick with no time for anybody. If it doesn't rejuvenate him then, sure, start to look at allegiances with better talkers.

• Paid Members

I don't keep up with NXT. What's all this #10 business about?

Tye Dillinger's gimmick is that he is the "Perfect 10" which results in fans chanting "10" a lot. It's kind of fun during his own matches but has become immensely tiresome with fans incongrously shouting "10" on every number of the referee's count at every show ever, when Dillinger isn't a) in the ring, b) on the show or c) even on the same continent.

It's led people to surmise he'll be number 10 in the Rumble, and/or that people will shit over whoever is 10 if it isn't him.

Ah, thanks for that. Didn't realise that's where the "10" shouts during a countout came from. I'd thought it was people trying to confuse the ref, but I must've got it mixed up with chants of the next number up.

• Paid Members

I hope to god he doesn't come out at all, and that they don't put a babyface in that spot as they will get booed pretty heavily. Dillinger gets cheered in NXT like he's the second coming of the Macho Man or something. It's a total heel gimmick, and I don't see much to him other than the '10' carry on. He's average enough so I'm not sure why the NXT crowds love him so much other than to be awkward. Essentially he's Ken Kennedy.

Edited by WeeAl

A few of us called it (at least in part) but there is an unconfirmed rumour that BG James has replaced Ryan Ward as Smackdown Head Writer.

If true, doesn't necessarily mean Ward is off to RAW. There could be any number of reasons. As Meltzer says in this tiny exerp (provided it's not a year old or something like that) we will know one way or another soon.

https://clyp.it/wcsunuyo