Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I've been struggling to see what they could have for AJ at Mania this year. After that opening segment, AJ vs Shane McMahon wouldn't surprise me. AJ feeling hard-done by, having to defend his belt in the Chamber, demanding a match with the boss. Shane taking a PPV spot flies in the face of Smackdown being the 'land of opportunity', but I could imagine them having a fun little match. I'm not a fan of sweaty Shane in the ring at all now, but AJ can get a great match out of a broom right now.

Heel Lawler managing Ziggler sounds great but I can't see it happening. Crews with Lawler vs Ziggler is much more likely. Enjoyed this segment probably the most though. Some good heel heat for Dolph, I liked how the superkick was right to the heart. Nasty stuff.

I really hope they throw us a curveball with the Wyatts storyline. Harper against the duo of Orton and Bray is much more interesting than the predictable 'RKO, Ortons face again' routine. 

Is Shane McMahon replacing Bryan for good on Talking Smack? Hopefully not, him and Renee have zero charisma together whereas her and Bryan are a great team.

Baron Corbin is great value on Talking Smack again. A great line about how he's glad Underrtaker has dug 29 holes for 29 souls as the world needs ditch-diggers, but Corbin will be the one filling the holes. Loving this bloke lately.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

I know it's probably not a 'money match's but give me taker and Corbin @ Mania and I'd be happy.

Really enjoyed this episode. It's such as shame Elimination Chamber isn't later in the year.

The King was great. I hope they do a bit more with ziggler, dye or cut his hair, get rid of the pink and change his mannerisms.

Becky vs Alexa was good as always and the reveal although telegraphed was done well. I don't see what there is for Alexa after Becky though.

The Natty Bella feud moved on nicely but it kind of feels that they've given Natty Carmella's feud. Her reason we're almost the same and I think this would be really heated if they'd continued with Carmella and Bella.

• Paid Members

I hope they go with Harper turning face as well, that would definitely be something fresh and different.

As for the possibility of Lawler managing Ziggler, I'm torn. Ziggler has been on TV for so long that it would likely really help him, he's a shite promo and it would change up his act. But I'm bored to death of him and I'm not sure if I could cope with possibily being that bored with Jerry as well should Dolph rub off on the King rather than King pulling Dolph up to his level.

I'm just happy now that Dolph is a heel and that I'm meant to boo him. I couldn't be having him before and can't be having him now so at least that's the desired response.

• Paid Members

The Natty Bella feud moved on nicely but it kind of feels that they've given Natty Carmella's feud. Her reason we're almost the same and I think this would be really heated if they'd continued with Carmella and Bella.

I don't know how much more they could've got out of Carmella vs Nikki really. 

What I like about this Nikki vs Natalya feud, despite not being a massive fan of either (and actually actively disliking Natalya as a performer) is how naturally the feud has moved on from Nikki vs Carmella to Nikki vs Natalya in an organic, logical way. They used to be so good at letting storylines bleed and flow into each other and now it's something they hardly do at all, so when it does happen it's a nice surprise. Another good example of Smackdown booking.

I don't know how much more they could've got out of Carmella vs Nikki really.

What I like about this Nikki vs Natalya feud, despite not being a massive fan of either (and actually actively disliking Natalya as a performer) is how naturally the feud has moved on from Nikki vs Carmella to Nikki vs Natalya in an organic, logical way. They used to be so good at letting storylines bleed and flow into each other and now it's something they hardly do at all, so when it does happen it's a nice surprise. Another good example of Smackdown booking.

I thought they transistioned the feud well but since then it's been Nat saying the same things as Carmella.

The only slight difference is she name drops Bret every third sentence. Her motivations and accusations are the same as Carmella.

This could be due to Nat being quite poor on the mic.

• Paid Members

Aside from Owen none of the Harts were particularly special on the mic. It's great heat between Nattie & Nikki. I'm not getting any real heat from the women's division on Raw.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think you're right in that the crowd will boo whoever it is. I was watching this week's NXT and there were dual chants of "ROYAL RUMBLE" "NUMBER 10!" going on and on during Tye's promo. They should totally use the number 10 entry spot to get heat on someone.