Smackdown Discussion Thread

When you fast-forward all the useless shite, it's less than that. Watching Smackdown without the benefit of fast-forward would be like torture. Cena vs Ryback, Punk vs Axel, Usos vs 3MB, it's like sticking in a DVD of WWE's Most Forgettable Matches of 2013. Bryan vs Harper was alright, but well below the standards of Punk vs Harper on Raw. Cena being on Smackdown helps it come off a bit better, but it still feels like John Cena slumming it on the meaningless show rather than elevating it to must-see. The writing and urgency of Smackdown hasn't improved like it should have with JC on board.

Even if it got wanked over as being show of the year, I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch a full episode of Smackdown. If I happen to pass it on the TV guide, I'll watch for five minutes, but watching Smackdown is like drowning in papier mache, just so fucking boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler for this week's episode!...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"The highlight of the night... was 3MB playing the Fabulous Freebirds. Heath Slater played the part of Michael Hayes, Jinder Mahal played Jimmy Garvin, and Drew McIntyre was Terry Gordy. Slater does an awesome Hayes impersonation. However, the younger crowd didn't get it".

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

"The highlight of the night... was 3MB playing the Fabulous Freebirds. Heath Slater played the part of Michael Hayes, Jinder Mahal played Jimmy Garvin, and Drew McIntyre was Terry Gordy. Slater does an awesome Hayes impersonation. However, the younger crowd didn't get it".

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

If only Slater pretended to be a rasict cunt then it would be perfect.

I've not watched a full episode of Smackdown since JBL won the undisputed title, i imagine it's like pulling teeth.

I normally give it a watch while half asleep on the sofa Saturday morning. By the time I fast foward all the recaps of Raw, what happened last week and from the vault it only takes about an hour and is decent enough for something in the background Saturday morning.

They need to have a reboot with Smackdown I think and do something to make it different from Raw, at the moment it's closer to the likes of Heat than a second main show.

• Moderators

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Wait so...

Heath Slater blacked up?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Two things from watching the highlights show for Smackdown this week.

1) Roman Reigns is such a beast, and his spear is a thing of beauty. Really enjoyed the Shield/Usos & Rey match, good little TV match.

2) I know Big E Langston has turned face, but when did he and Dolph Ziggler magically settle their differences? Just a little continuity thing, but well annoying.