Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
He came across as a proper badass in that segment. I'm hoping they go for the long slow burn, if they break The Shield up anytime this year it'll be a big fuck up. They need a final hurrah as a team dominating in the Royal Rumble. Have them fallout during the Rumble when the chance of a WM title shot breaks them apart and then lead to a 3 way at Wrestlemania. Anything else will be bullshit.

Sounds alright, but I'd rather them split up on Monday than have the same variation of six-mans every week. They have started to mix it up a bit in fairness on this show, with Ambrose and Rollins teaming up, but I'm not going to be convinced that Daniel Bryan and The Usos vs The Shield is a fresh match just because Reigns gives his mates a dirty look at some point during it.

I think the key is to put them in more singles matches. Help each man build up more individual character before it all kicks off.

I kinda figured the Cena thing was because he was back on SmackDown and harking a little bit to his past gimmick on the show. It'd still be silly because he's moved on since then but yeah.

If they go with Cena vs 'Taker at 'Mania then they have to do some Cena rapping in a cemetery.

• Paid Members
He came across as a proper badass in that segment. I'm hoping they go for the long slow burn, if they break The Shield up anytime this year it'll be a big fuck up. They need a final hurrah as a team dominating in the Royal Rumble. Have them fallout during the Rumble when the chance of a WM title shot breaks them apart and then lead to a 3 way at Wrestlemania. Anything else will be bullshit.

Sounds alright, but I'd rather them split up on Monday than have the same variation of six-mans every week. They have started to mix it up a bit in fairness on this show, with Ambrose and Rollins teaming up, but I'm not going to be convinced that Daniel Bryan and The Usos vs The Shield is a fresh match just because Reigns gives his mates a dirty look at some point during it.

See, I got the impression they did that match because they'e breaking up and soon. Reigns was annoyed at being shunted out then went to take on three men. He'll be out of that group by the end of november at this rate, and that's fine.

• Paid Members

Because they've been doing the same thing for almost a year, run the risk of being stale and could all be fucking brilliant in their own right as singles stars. Strike while the iron is still hot, rather than wait until everyone is bored then they become The Corre.

Because they've been doing the same thing for almost a year, run the risk of being stale and could all be fucking brilliant in their own right as singles stars. Strike while the iron is still hot, rather than wait until everyone is bored then they become The Corre.

The Corre was filled with personality-less no-faces, though. It says something when you consider that the member that's having the most success from that group at the moment is Heath Slater. Even the previously ultra bland Seth Rollns has more in his tank than any one of their group.

I think it'd be good to shake things up a bit, tease the dissent and finally have it actually happen at the Rumble, but I guess it depends how their reactions go. Swapping the teams around and putting them in more singles competition might work too.

Also, So Cal Val was sitting right in front of me.

You the lad in the green Cena gear?

1450822_10153394403360405_1906837432_n.jpg

So Cal Val :love::love::love:

Not with you on that one. Looks like someone hit her in the face with a shovel dead hard and the reconstructive surgery was done on the cheap in Mexico.

• Paid Members
Not with you on that one. Looks like someone hit her in the face with a shovel dead hard and the reconstructive surgery was done on the cheap in Mexico.

Speaking from experience?

Speaking from experience?

Hey I'm no oil painting. I look like the love child of Karl Pilkington and Kirk from Corro, but can you honestly say her face doesn't look like the inside of a shovel?

I've been really enjoying Smackdown lately. It's the one thing that has definitely benefited since the whole Best For Business power trip started in the summer. Call it optimism or being a mark or whatever but I always set hopes for Raw. Even if I don't like the way things are developing I am at least expecting a development. With Smackdown however I have no such expectations and am just looking for a decent wrestling show to watch on a Saturday afternoon. So it almost always delivers by having good matches and now also having a bigger superstar presence. It really means the world when someone like Cena shows up to cut a promo on Smackdown. I know it's just rehash of topics mentioned on Raw but like I say, I don't have preconceived expectations so it doesn't bother me.

The show really needs an image overhaul though. You could say the whole TV output does because since 2008 it's been roughly the same HD set up that sometimes has it's parts jumbled about a bit but a different vibe would really set Smackdown apart and help it even more. I reckon use it to fuck around with the type of ideas people like Stone Cold are always going on about where you can still have well produced wrestling but just don't have it too slick. Something like the WWECW set in it's later days would be nifty for it, I reckon. Still looks great but it's not that much bigger than the wrestlers themselves, it's just a tunnel.

They're in dire need of a new logo and a proper theme song as well. I'm pretty sure Smackdown's had 15 different themes at this point and they've mostly all blown shit chunks.

Oh yeah, it's only about an hour twenty minus adverts :love:.

Archived