Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Potential news regarding this weeks Smackers (take with the usual lashings of salt);

C+Ped from NoDq.com;

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com is reporting that Mustafa Ali will likely be pulled from the Elimination Chamber match due to mounting injuries. In addition to an injured tailbone from the Royal Rumble and a swollen eye from last week's Smackdown, Ali had an injury accelerated at Sunday night's live event. 

It appears that the current storyline plan is for Randy Orton to be blamed for Ali being pulled from the match. Ali reportedly still wants to work the PPV but WWE doesn't want to take any chances. 

There is no word yet regarding a possible replacement for the match.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

And just like that, my dream Wrestlemania match is now Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship. Cracking performance from Kofi. Even with Samoa Joe, who he clearly wasn't on the same page with, it was still great seeing them smash shit out of each other. But yeah, all it took was him screaming, "Eleven Years! Fight Me!" and they suddenly had a new top babyface. They should go all the way with him. I hope he does his brilliant Trust Fall off the Chamber on Sunday.

tumblr_orwqb2VpJX1rumiojo1_400.gif

The Miz whispering that his favourite food was Quiche getting such a non-reaction from the audience was a travesty. That was genuinely one of the funnier things they've scripted in ages. Shane and Miz continue to deliver. Imagine how sad Miz is going to be when Shane turns. I hope he cries.

LOL at them not allowing Billie Kay to wrestle this week. After that performance last week, I wonder if they'll even let her do anything in the Chamber. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Peyton leaves the chamber first and gets pinned before Billie even does anything. It's safest for everyone involved.

How fucking MASSIVE are Charlotte's fake teeth? Have they been like this for a while and I've just not noticed?

No Adrade or Rey. What gives?! Are they not wrestling at Elimination Chamber?

Edited by Supremo

I'm hoping for Andrade and Rey again at Mania so if there's a way of holding off until then I'll take it.

Damn I really didn't care about Kofi until now. Well maybe that feud with Orton but that's a long time ago. Great job of building him up. They're perfectly capable of making people good when they can be arsed. Although Smackdown is pretty good at that in general.

There's more chance of me facing Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania for the title in a one on one match than Kofi Kingston.

The gauntlet was superb though, not sure if it was as good as the Raw one last year but really good stuff.

Rey/Andrade has no business being on EC when they have Balor/Lashley and Strowman/Corbin taking up an hour of the time.

Real shame for Ali to be taken out, but a prolonged feud with Orton off the back of it could be really good for him, plus Kofi is always good fun in a multi man match.

• Paid Members

The New Day are the prime example of what Bryan's vendetta is about, consumerism, unhealthy food, materialistic merchandise machines. Putting Kofi against Bryan isn't actually the worst idea in the world as the 11 years thing, finally wanting to win the big one and having New Day to negate the Rowan factor could all work. 

Would be fresher than Styles vs Bryan 8.

18 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

The New Day are the prime example of what Bryan's vendetta is about, consumerism, unhealthy food, materialistic merchandise machines. Putting Kofi against Bryan isn't actually the worst idea in the world as the 11 years thing, finally wanting to win the big one and having New Day to negate the Rowan factor could all work. 

Would be fresher than Styles vs Bryan 8.

Excellent logic, but Kofi vs Bryan sounds more like a place-filler at Fast Lane whilst the proper SD names have some kind of multi-man match to set up the No 1 contender for Mania.

I’d personally have it come down to Kofi and Bryan on Sunday. Rowan trys to get in the chamber but is stopped by Big E and Woods. Then Harper somehow enters the chamber(maybe pull the Shawn Michaels coming up through the grate) and helping Bryan retain. Then Fastlane you can do a 6 man tag with the New Day against the Vegan Wyatts. Then Kofi vs Bryan at Mania. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yay the suspended Becky Lynch went on a rampage tonight and... oh, no she didn't.... oh well, Rey Misterio and Andrade were....oh, no, not even on the show..... well I guess that Asuka did... oh no, she wasn't there this week and wasn't last week either....

I mean yay for Kofi but otherwise... eugh....

Everyone doesn't need to be on the show every week. One of the worst things about Raw is the same people doing the same thing every week just to fill time. When you've got a match filling more than half the show, you don't need everyone. I like it a lot.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yay the suspended Becky Lynch went on a rampage tonight and... oh, no she didn't.... 

She's suspended.

oh well, Rey Misterio and Andrade were....oh, no, not even on the show..... well I guess that Asuka did... oh no, she wasn't there this week and wasn't last week either....

You don't need every character, on every show, every week. That's how wrestlers, feuds and shows get stale. They also had a big gauntlet to cram in too so they needed to make cuts. EDIT: Beaten by Rick.

I mean yay for Kofi but otherwise... eugh....

Kofi got an incredible rub from his performance and is now being talked about as a legit contender for the title. You also furthered how much of a bastard Samoa Joe is and how much of a sneaky, weaselly character Randy Orton is. 

You've got every right to complain about WWE's shoddy writing but you also have to give them their credit when it's due.

Edited by Accident Prone