Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

That was an excellent Smackers. Concur wholeheartedly with @Supremo's post. Virtually everything on the show hit the right notes. It's going to be such a shame when they do the shake up post-Wrestlemania and some of the talent move over to Raw, so we'd best enjoy this run while it lasts.  

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good show for sure, but one thing really bugged me.

Mysterio's Destroyer on Almas was one of the most devastating moves I've seen in ages, and yet 1 minute later Almas was back on his feet unharmed.  That's a shitty piece of no-selling.  That move should either finish the match, or take him out for a good long time.  Going to the finish so quickly afterwards pissed me off.

• Paid Members

"So we need Mandy Rose to appear seductive and enticing...let's put her in lingerie...but we can't show too much off so let's put her in more than some of our roster wear in the ring currently..."

WWE and its weekly piss poor attempts currently at promoting slightly edgier content to keep older viewers interested is genuinely dreadful. The acting and camera work in it is just as bad. I mentioned in the RAW thread about Alexa not worrying about the camera being in there but why hire a photographer to take incriminating photos when a cameraman is following Uso around?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I wish they hadn't gone all one name with Andrade though, I really liked the whole Cien Almas part.

I liked him having a full "name" name, although I thought the "Cien" was a bit clunky.

Only just realized that Sarah Stock helped him with his English. Cool that both Sarita and Rosita have been integral to the character's development. Possibly the best contribution TNA (indirectly) ever made to wrestling.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I liked him having a full "name" name, although I thought the "Cien" was a bit clunky.

Yeah agree with this, Cien made it far too much of a mouthful. One name names can get to fuck most of the time though, this being a prime example.

Sounds like I need to watch the Smackdown repeat for this match. Oh and Rey's mask looks boss.

• Paid Members

Mysterio VS Andrade was incredible. Rey Rey really is a freak of nature isn't he? For years in WWE he was a bit of an immobile bloated mess (but became a better babyface around this time), yet he seems to have turned back the clock 15 years. I haven't seen him look this good since his early WWE days. He looks cooler than ever too.

Archived