Smackdown Discussion Thread

I just find it rather strange that the Ronda vs Charlotte match is happening at Survivor Series now. Surely the whole point of Becky's reign (which she's done great with) was so that Charlotte wouldn't be the champion at Survivor Series so that the Wrestlemania match could happen instead. 

Long term this injury could be great for Becky and keeps everyone longing for her inevitable big match with Ronda further down the line. Becky's on top of the world right now. 

Edited by Angle_fan

As great as it’s been, I don’t think Becky v Ronda off the table for Sunday is all that bad. If Charlotte loses Becky will be pissed she didn’t get the job done and they can continue thier fued through the end of the year. Even if the hug was a bit much. Continue the Becky/Ronda until Mania, have one of them cost the other thier title, and have the Becky/Ronda payoff at Mania.

Stone Cold Becky Lynch is the hottest thing going right now and Ronda is obviously a big draw. It could be fucking great. Of course this involves them gong all in on Becky, so we’ll see.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, zep81 said:

Now have Bryan shave his head and beard and turn up at Survivor Series in full on Danielson vs Morishima mode on Brock.

He needs to do the Miz look. Clean-shaven, short-back-and-sides, suit, Aviators. Just for one show, then go with whatever.

37 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is the assumption that Becky will be off TV until she's recovered? I'd rather that didn't happen - she might get a colossal pop on her return, but I'd worry it might stall her momentum. 

Agreed. She need not be though. Alexa is injured and she's still on TV. I'd have her commentate the SS match to be honest.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Angle_fan said:

Surely the whole point of Becky's reign (which she's done great with) was so that Charlotte wouldn't be the champion at Survivor Series so that the Wrestlemania match could happen instead. 

Meltzer believes it's now Ronda v Becky at WrestleMania. 

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is the assumption that Becky will be off TV until she's recovered? I'd rather that didn't happen - she might get a colossal pop on her return, but I'd worry it might stall her momentum. 

Aye, and if she does stick around TV then the helpful Austin 97' comparisons will continue. Man done most of his getting over when he couldn't wrestle a match. Have her bouncing around in similar vein ripping up the place and getting involved in the others business. 

Forgive me for some fantasy booking, but I'd do this.

At Survivor Series, have Becky come out and interfere to cost Rousey the match and give Smackdown the win.  Then have Becky drop Charlotte as she celebrates ala Stone Cold.

Gives Rousey/Becky some proper heat for Wrestlemania, and makes Becky look cool as fuck and still an anti-hero.

2 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

Imagine that match going on last too! 

Just a shame that if it did, nobody would give a shit about it as they will have sat through 9 hours of "action" already.

It's definitley a Mania match, but i'd have it in the middle of the card so the crowd would still be awake for it to give it the reactions it deserves.

Edited by The King of Old School

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anybody versus Lesnar is a nightmare match. He's just an angry suplex bore and he should fuck off back to UFC so I don't have to see him again when I watch wrestling five times a year.

This. I cant stand his stale, nearly 7 year old act that management still seems to be lapping up. Just when you think hes gone, they sign him back up for 3 more 5 minute matches.

• Paid Members

Well fuck me sideways. I didn't expect that to happen in a month of Sunday's. I don't know what to think about it. Bryan will pull it off great, I'm sure of that, but it was completely out of nowhere. I get the same feeling as a lot of you, that the working idea for everything for the next six months has been completely ripped up and started again. It's like WCW in October '99. 'Quick, gimme' a pin so I can press this tiny reset button and make everything explode'.