Smackdown Discussion Thread

As much as I detest RAW being 3 hours, I feel this show should’ve been 3 hours. There’s a few people associated with SmackDown that could have appeared who didn’t and a lot more they could’ve done with the 1000 celebration to make it truly seem monumental. 

Batista was awesome and it’s refreshing to see someone come back who truly does love wrestling and isn’t just fulfilling an obligation, especially the star he is now. Triple H v Batista for WrestleMania would be a decent feud, although ironically there’s no way it’d play out on SmackDown.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, @Hannibal Scorchis right- over here Spaz was short for spastic but bear in mind that it referred to the Spastic's Society, which was a British charity. It has a different meaning over there although the context in which the two words are used can be quite similar. I remember in WWF Attitude one of the default CAW guys had a song called 'spazzing out' or something.

Disagree with the word retarded having a different meaning there though- it is the same, they're just more insensitive to that kind of thing over there. They still made Black Eyed Peas do a different version of that song, though. I don't like the casual use of the word 'retard' over in America at all.

It really should have been a "3 hour special". Felt like they rushed everything, overlapping entrances being the obvious one to me; not to mention that farce of Rusev/Miz being over in a heartbeat.

Batista was a breath of fresh air and possibly delivered his best promo ever.

Which number turn is Big Show on now? And what did Kofi ever do to him? Deny him seconds on pancakes? Will we get Show in a kilt?

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, @Hannibal Scorchis right- over here Spaz was short for spastic but bear in mind that it referred to the Spastic's Society, which was a British charity. It has a different meaning over there although the context in which the two words are used can be quite similar. I remember in WWF Attitude one of the default CAW guys had a song called 'spazzing out' or something. 

The context suggests otherwise to me. Why would you call her a "spaz" if it doesn't mean "spaz".

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The context suggests otherwise to me. Why would you call her a "spaz" if it doesn't mean "spaz".

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/spaz I am not saying I think the term should be used as the connotations are different , but this is from dictionary.com (US)

noun
  1. an awkward or clumsy person.
  2. to move in an awkward or clumsy way (usually followed by out😞She spazzed out and we had broken glass all over the floor.
  3. to become more angry than a situation warrants (usually followed by out😞Mom spazzed out when she smelled cigarette smoke on my clothes.
  4. to twitch:He was spazzing and muttering to himself, like the old speed freak he is.

I

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Apparently in the US it means "A sudden burst of excitement or nervousness" or something like that to "spaz out"

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, David said:

Apparently in the US it means "A sudden burst of excitement or nervousness" or something like that to "spaz out"

I get the "spaz out" thing. It's clearly not meant in that way though, especially if you've seen the segment.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I get the "spaz out" thing. It's clearly not meant in that way though, especially if you've seen the segment.

I think that's what the writer means, although I readily admit that these Americanisms are a nightmare.

• Paid Members

I thought it was an OK show. Nothing blowaway but still infinitely better than Raw 25. At least the majority of the returns actually built towards something rather than just, “here are some old people doing nothing of note.”

I’m all in for a Batista vs. Triple H match at Wrestlemania. It was great to have Big Dave back. Super likeable, the enjoyment he’s having out there rubs off on you as a viewer. Ric Flair’s fist bumps going unnoticed though, with him constantly being left hanging? Tragic.

Mysterio looked good. It’s crazy to think there’s a chance he could end up having a match with Kurt Angle in WWE in 2018. 

The Becky thing is never going to end. No matter how they book her, no matter what dastardly act they have her carry out, there’s no turning this tide. Their options are to either exploit this reaction by changing course, or keep barrelling on trying to make Charlotte the babyface until the crowd eventually stop caring about both women entirely.

Glad to see the Usos back.

LOL at Daniel Bryan losing again.

I was pleasantly surprised that the Uso's beat AJ & Bryan, it's usually WWE logic that the two best singles guys who have never tagged before can beat one of the best tag teams in the company.

Can just imagine Batista/HHH playing out to complete silence at Wrestlemania, I think I'd enjoy it though as it does have the carrot of being probably the only person that HHH has never defeated.

The World Cup line up looks good and we could get some cracking matches in there, Crown Jewel is going to be another 6 hour slog though isn't it?

Really hope Becky wins at Evolution and goes onto face Ronda at Survivor Series, that would be superb.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Can just imagine Batista/HHH playing out to complete silence at Wrestlemania

Eh? I think it would be great fun and the crowd would react accordingly. Unless they've already sat through four of the scheduled 7 main events already.

Archived