Ric Flair's Divorce Lawyer

Smackdown Discussion Thread

What a fucking SHIT payoff to the Milwaukee story hahaha, fucking hell "You got hacked". That's it, that is the end of that then eh.

Sorry but Bryan since his return has been absolute shite, even down to little things like his gear, it feels so far removed from what he was it's all just weird to me. How you take a potential feud like him and Miz and run it into the ground like they have is unforgiveable, everything was there, all they had to do was connect the dots it was a shoe in, useless bastards. 

Things must be bad, for next week's Smackdown, which is the 1000 episode, you can buy tickets for $7 each if you buy 2 (works out at $12.50 each with the fees).  That's insanely cheap.

Advance warning that this week's episode of SmackDown has moved to Sky Sports Action HD. Best to check series links will still record this, its hopefully going to be a great episode 

I'm not quite sure why they brought Big Show in to do what he ended up doing. At first I thought "Oh, The Saudi's wanted Andre The Giant to represent France at the World Cup". Failing that, I thought he may be getting used in order to give Orton another name to torture. Instead it was just a match with no build and no story on the other end, which is a bit of a waste of Show at this stage.

I can't piece SD! together going forward for the turn of the year. You have Joe, Bryan, Miz, AJ, Nakamura, Orton and Hardy. That's not even getting into Almas, Rey and Rusev. The beginning of 2019 could be Joe/Bryan, Orton/AJ, Miz/Rusev, Nakamura/Rey and Almas/Hardy. Alternatively it could be dozens of variations of those. They have a lot of options on the SD! side at the moment, but it doesn't seem clear what direction they are going in at this point. I suppose WWE are probably unsure themselves, what with the Saudi show uncertainty affecting Survivor Series, which then has a domino effect on the rest of their plans I guess.

I wouldn't be against the idea of a tag team like the Uso's going to Raw, to give the Red brand a bit of a boost, freeing up the likes of Rey and Jeff Hardy to team together for a run at the Smackdown tag belts. It would help both of their bodies, as well as preventing them getting lost in the shuffle.

1 minute ago, Weezenal said:

When is SmackDown 1000?

This Tuesday.

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

The Usos should've gone to Raw in the last shakeup. I feel like they've done nothing of note in the last six months.

Totally.  They feel a little stale, though not as stale as the New Day.  I'm really glad they didn't split them up as per normal tag teams, but both these acts need to do something different.  New Day in particular, despite their constant tweaks to the gimmick, are essentially unchanged since they turned face in, what, 2015?

3 hours ago, Factotum said:

With the talent on Smackdown, some sort of rehash of the Smackdown 6 situation would be good.

They could get away with that because Brock was champion and fucking around with Undertaker and Big Show for two months while the six "workers" fucked around in tags. Couldn't do it now, the workers are the main event and AJ is champion.

The way they treat the WWE title though, would it be massive if it wasn't defended on PPVs for a while? AJ is barely ever top of any card. Not saying I've thought this massively through, but you could do something with that talent which meant they were all involved with each other in some way

Aren’t they effectively doing exactly that on Raw right now with The Shield, Strowman and his mates? Only real difference being two three-man teams, rather than three two-man teams. Principle pretty much the same, long series of various combination of matches of six mostly very reliable workers and it just comes across as lazy really, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The way they treat the WWE title though, would it be massive if it wasn't defended on PPVs for a while? AJ is barely ever top of any card. Not saying I've thought this massively through, but you could do something with that talent which meant they were all involved with each other in some way

I don't think AJ has main evented a PPV in 2018 has he?

Last one I can think of was the rematch with Jinder at last Decembers PPV.

3 hours ago, Factotum said:

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I don't think AJ has main evented a PPV in 2018 has he?

Last one I can think of was the rematch with Jinder at last Decembers PPV.

Fast Lane.

And AJ mincing around in tags instead of defending the belt is a different question as to why the WWE title defence doesn't take precedence over whatever Roman happens to be doing, to me. Except that the biggest match from Raw is the biggest match on the PPV, then, now, forever.

After saying the other week that I had no interest in The Miz in the Title picture, his promo last week made me do a complete 180. He’s similar to Cena in the sense that when he turns the passion on you really see how great he is. That rant against both AJ and Bryan was delivered perfectly.

Will tonight be the first time The Undertaker has appeared on Smackdown since that time he threatened the Smackdown Survvor Series team not to lose, then just fucked off to Raw anyway? 

Edited by Supremo