Smackdown Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

The Usos should've gone to Raw in the last shakeup. I feel like they've done nothing of note in the last six months.

Totally.  They feel a little stale, though not as stale as the New Day.  I'm really glad they didn't split them up as per normal tag teams, but both these acts need to do something different.  New Day in particular, despite their constant tweaks to the gimmick, are essentially unchanged since they turned face in, what, 2015?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

With the talent on Smackdown, some sort of rehash of the Smackdown 6 situation would be good.

They could get away with that because Brock was champion and fucking around with Undertaker and Big Show for two months while the six "workers" fucked around in tags. Couldn't do it now, the workers are the main event and AJ is champion.

The way they treat the WWE title though, would it be massive if it wasn't defended on PPVs for a while? AJ is barely ever top of any card. Not saying I've thought this massively through, but you could do something with that talent which meant they were all involved with each other in some way

Aren’t they effectively doing exactly that on Raw right now with The Shield, Strowman and his mates? Only real difference being two three-man teams, rather than three two-man teams. Principle pretty much the same, long series of various combination of matches of six mostly very reliable workers and it just comes across as lazy really, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The way they treat the WWE title though, would it be massive if it wasn't defended on PPVs for a while? AJ is barely ever top of any card. Not saying I've thought this massively through, but you could do something with that talent which meant they were all involved with each other in some way

I don't think AJ has main evented a PPV in 2018 has he?

Last one I can think of was the rematch with Jinder at last Decembers PPV.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I don't think AJ has main evented a PPV in 2018 has he?

Last one I can think of was the rematch with Jinder at last Decembers PPV.

Fast Lane.

And AJ mincing around in tags instead of defending the belt is a different question as to why the WWE title defence doesn't take precedence over whatever Roman happens to be doing, to me. Except that the biggest match from Raw is the biggest match on the PPV, then, now, forever.

• Paid Members

After saying the other week that I had no interest in The Miz in the Title picture, his promo last week made me do a complete 180. He’s similar to Cena in the sense that when he turns the passion on you really see how great he is. That rant against both AJ and Bryan was delivered perfectly.

Will tonight be the first time The Undertaker has appeared on Smackdown since that time he threatened the Smackdown Survvor Series team not to lose, then just fucked off to Raw anyway? 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

So, another Big Show heel turn then? 

Batista sowed the seeds for a return to face HHH, presumably at the next Saudi Mania event in April. Big Dave looked good and I'd love to see him back again - opposing the current despicable version of Orton could be good circumstances for that. 

• Paid Members

Big Dave looks like a shrivelled bollock. Though he looks fucking great for 60.

I was disappointed with this. It was cool to see Evolution but the nostalgia was just the same old nostalgia. And who the fuck decided Edge is now Mick Foley? The same old Vickie Guerrero, Teddy Long, Undertaker, loads of McMahons, blah, blah bollocks is just dull though. If you want to celebrate Smackdown, get Billy and Chuck back in peroxide for one night only. Have someone squash Duece and Domino. Someone dig up Super Crazy and Juvi. Or have Bob Holly come out, challenge Brock Lesnar and get his head caved in.

And please fuck the fuck off with interview "sets" that are just three chairs in a ring. What ever happened to imagination in WWE?

Edited by tiger_rick

9 minutes ago, The Dart said:

They're just having a laugh with Big Show now.  He'll turn face again before the end of the year.

Is he going to join up with The Bar?  That sounds rubbish.  Is he going to feud with New Day?  That sounds even worse.

This is surely just for a triple threat at the Saudi show.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Fucking hell.

image.png.8c07a7587f8638e412fe6eb1dc1c7bca.png

Not condoning it at all. But Spaz in america does not hold the same meaning as it does here. N*E*R*D released a song called Spaz (Renamed I'm right here elsewhere) and Black Eyed Peas also had a hit with Let's Get Retarded/Started. It doesn't seem to have the stigma about it as elsewhere, that said, it's going to offend https://www.dictionary.com/browse/spaz

Edited by Hannibal Scorch