Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

"Fuck me, that was well produced"

I've thought for a while that the whole "lass kicker" thing with her facials and aggression should just basically make her Steve Austin. Some of her recent promos and attacks have really felt like it. They've committed too putting her in main event slots but over the last decade they've got bored of stuff the second the first match they're building is over which is my big fear here. 

They probably don't want to make Paige a heel but that could be a great dynamic to turn Becky eventually. As shit as the heel authority figure stuff is, a heel female authority screwing with a female top babyface wrestler is fresh. Imagine the angles:

* Becky nicks a Guinness truck and covers Paige and her minions in Guinness

* Becky fills Paige's 1982 Ford Capri MK3 with cement

* Becky interrupts Paige's smear test and hits her over the head with a bed pan

"Becky 3:16 says I just kicked your lass"

Alright, that bit's a joke but the point stands!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becky was a great heel in her pre-WWE days as Rebecca Knox and has had acting training in the past so I'm amazed it took WWE this long to realise how good she could be as a character.
Still, I'm glad they are finally giving her a chance to really show what she can do and I hope we get her v Ronda at Survivor Series.

• Paid Members

Rey v Nakamura with one week hype, not on a ppv, in a match we'll have forgotten in a year. Why do they do this? I know Nakamura on the main roster has been a misfire but.... I think this match could be good and deserved some build. Why do they not try any more? Chucking matches away like this is basically the last thing they do on SmackDown that annoys me, everything else is fine.

• Paid Members

Is that happening on Smackdown 1000? Mental.

I get that it's a "PPV-level" show, but Rey Mysterio returning is enough. They could easily put him against any old scrub, then build to the Shinsuke match for the next PPV. Baffling.

7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Is that happening on Smackdown 1000? Mental.

I get that it's a "PPV-level" show, but Rey Mysterio returning is enough. They could easily put him against any old scrub, then build to the Shinsuke match for the next PPV. Baffling.

It’s alright lads, it’s Smackdown 1000 - Teddy Long will be there to turn it into a tag team match in no time!

• Paid Members

Surprisingly Raw tops Smackers overall in the entertainment stakes this week.

I'd have had Becky/Charlotte as the main here. The spear though the tron would've been a great way to close the show, with Paige then following up with the announcement of the last woman standing match at Evolution. Still, another good match between them and I'm still very much on board with the feud. 

I like where they're going with the WWE title match already. All three played their part well in the Miz TV segment and the spats on commentary as an extension of that during AJ's match worked really well. Definitely up for a couple more weeks of Miz stirring the pot before one of the babyfaces snap. 

I was a little disappointed in the payoff to the Rusev/English segment. I think they could have stretched that out at least another week had they cut to Aiden leaning in for the smooch, thus creating more conflict between Rusev and his wench and leaving you wanting to tune in again next week to see what would happen next. Maybe they rushed it because of how loaded SD1000 will be, but it still seems like a shame they didn't tease us some more. 

Not sure where they're going with the Joe injury angle - be interesting to see how they play that out. 

I wouldn't say Big Show looked any better or worse than his last run really - match felt a bit flat without being terrible. Would have been more fun if Randy got the opportunity to be more of a vicious dick to him as he has with Hardy/Dillinger in recent weeks. The Saudi megabucks World Cup is shaping up to be quite interesting mind. 

On Rey vs Nakamura - Honestly, I'm cool with them doing it now. It's not a match I've got a massive desire to see them hold out for, so no time like the present. I'm all for building things up and enticing people, but in terms of personal preference I've got no interest in seeing them stretch this out with them exchanging incredibly dull promos with one another, killing Mysterio's momentum upon returning before they feud in 50/50 matches over the US title for weeks/months on end. No thanks. One and done will do me fine. 

What a fucking SHIT payoff to the Milwaukee story hahaha, fucking hell "You got hacked". That's it, that is the end of that then eh.

Sorry but Bryan since his return has been absolute shite, even down to little things like his gear, it feels so far removed from what he was it's all just weird to me. How you take a potential feud like him and Miz and run it into the ground like they have is unforgiveable, everything was there, all they had to do was connect the dots it was a shoe in, useless bastards. 

• Paid Members

I'm not quite sure why they brought Big Show in to do what he ended up doing. At first I thought "Oh, The Saudi's wanted Andre The Giant to represent France at the World Cup". Failing that, I thought he may be getting used in order to give Orton another name to torture. Instead it was just a match with no build and no story on the other end, which is a bit of a waste of Show at this stage.

I can't piece SD! together going forward for the turn of the year. You have Joe, Bryan, Miz, AJ, Nakamura, Orton and Hardy. That's not even getting into Almas, Rey and Rusev. The beginning of 2019 could be Joe/Bryan, Orton/AJ, Miz/Rusev, Nakamura/Rey and Almas/Hardy. Alternatively it could be dozens of variations of those. They have a lot of options on the SD! side at the moment, but it doesn't seem clear what direction they are going in at this point. I suppose WWE are probably unsure themselves, what with the Saudi show uncertainty affecting Survivor Series, which then has a domino effect on the rest of their plans I guess.

I wouldn't be against the idea of a tag team like the Uso's going to Raw, to give the Red brand a bit of a boost, freeing up the likes of Rey and Jeff Hardy to team together for a run at the Smackdown tag belts. It would help both of their bodies, as well as preventing them getting lost in the shuffle.

Archived