Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
On 6/7/2018 at 1:57 PM, ColinBollocks said:

I think I've typed this several times, but I remember late comedian and bit of an A-type arsehole Patrice O'Neal saying he's only ever felt his alpha personality shrink twice in his life, one being with Vince McMahon when he was a writer for a brief period. Apparently Vince was pretty cool with him, but the fear he commands is undeniable.

I'd definitely end up cleaning his personal toilet by the end of my first hour there.

I think my favourite story is the one about the guy who wrote See No Evil. He was Vince's golden boy, and could do wrong, until he pitched the idea about Heidenreich being a frozen Nazi super soldier. Vince simply got up, walked out of the room and never listened to that guys ideas ever again.

I mean, it was a shite idea, granted, but imagine being on that team and seeing the guy go from hero to zero like that. You're not going to be creative are you? You're going to tell Vince exactly what he wants to hear and try and blend into the background as much as possible.

Rusev Day is upon us then (kinda). Well worthy of his opportunity of a WWE Title feud, he's done really well to recover from some awful booking. I still see him coming out at Mania in that army tank and looking like a boss and think how much they've wasted him.

25 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

It looks if anything Bryan is going into a feud with the Bludgeon Brothers for Extreme Rules. Team Hell No reunion?

It's actually kind of sad how excited that makes me . . . but then depressed . . . because it would lead to Kane turning on him and a horrible feud.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:06 AM, The King of Old School said:

I imagine they are saving Joe for Summerslam? Reckon he will go over Bryan at Extreme Rules or something.

I have a horrible suspicion that they're not planning on doing anything more with Joe than they already are  :(

On 6/20/2018 at 8:06 AM, The King of Old School said:

Good filler challenger for the belt, we all know he has 0% chance of winning though.

I imagine they are saving Joe for Summerslam? Reckon he will go over Bryan at Extreme Rules or something.

AJ/Joe, Bryan/Miz Naka/Hardy looks a good top end Summerslam lineup at the moment.

We all said the same thing last year with Jinder, so don’t be so sure.

I doubt that he will win, but since they put the belt that shitarse anything is possible

It's so typical WWE though in that nobody fucking knows what's what. Even with a mouth watering clash like this, so AJ comes out, him and Rusev shake on it in a "may the best man win" type way, despite WWE booking Rusev as a heel for how long DESPITE fans not wanting him as a heel. Then his best friend dismisses the handshake, AJ whacks him and Rusev looks at Aiden English like "what the fuck man". I like Rusev, I like AJ, I don't like the Rusev/Aiden combo or the way the act has been booked, I'm confused to all hell what I'm supposed to think, it's like trying to choose your Sunday hangover food, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza, fuck knows I like them all.

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Rusev v AJ is a cracking feud, should they go that way. I think Rusev being a hoss means AJ will find it a piece of piss getting a good set of matches out of him.

Should be a belting match for sure, I doubt it will headline though, Romans multi man match probably will.

That's a thought though, since AJ won the belt back in November, I think he has only main evented one PPV since? (as in gone on last).

Very odd seeing as we only have one active world champion at the moment, reminds me very much of Punk's run back in 2012.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Rusev v AJ is a cracking feud, should they go that way. I think Rusev being a hoss means AJ will find it a piece of piss getting a good set of matches out of him.

I'd imagine the two would gel incredibly well. If they are designed to be competitive, the pair of them could have some crackers. 

I am thinking out the box here but I think Daniel Bryan goes into a feud with The Bludgeon Brothers and it leads to The Miz being his partner winning the tag titles and then eventually losing the titles after The Miz turns on Daniel Bryan leading to their match at Mania.