Smackdown Discussion Thread

56 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

There was another wonderful WWE logic flaw on this weeks episode

2 Weeks ago Mandy Rose Beats Becky Lynch

Last Week in a qualifying Match Becky Lynch Beats Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville in a triple Threat with Sonya taking the pinfall

So this week Logic/fairness whatever you want to call it should surely dictate that if one of them is in a qualifying Match its Mandy, she hasn't lost and has a win to her name so deserves the chance but nope it's Sonya who gets the qualifying Match 

Not a big thing but just something that really shouldnt have been that hard to write and would at least have given a reason for the match if it was Mandy vs Naomi rather then Sonya randomly getting another chance despite losing already and the comms never even mentioning last weeks loss.

I hate to correct you, but in last week’s match Mandy tapped out to Becky so it does make sense to have Deville in the qualifier as she didn’t take the fall.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Ive said it before, but i cant believe how bad the iconic duo are, they are embarrasing beyond belief, people in the crowd must be sat there thinking what on earth is going on. I'm sure they were better than this in NXT.

They were shit in NXT as well.

• Paid Members

Fun matches this week, with the six man and the three-way main event. I really hope this is it for Joe. It's now or never. Give him the briefcase and let him by a hard case who tells the Champion ahead of time that he's challenging. AJ vs. Joe at Summerslam or something. Lovely.

As much as I want Joe to win MITB, I suspect it's going to Braaauuuun and the RAW brand.  I do think he's the first challenger for whoever has the title after the PPV... Styles at a guess unless they want to use Joe as a face.

When did we last see Orton?  Is he off on sabbatical?  He deserves it, and it'd do him a power of good to take 6 months off frankly.

So, Bryan v Cass is going to rumble on for a bit longer.  I just don't know what to make of Cass - when he's in his suit and being all snarky I think they might be on to something.  Then he takes his top off and plods around.  In that main event they have him a good 3/4 minute slot on offence with one of the best wrestlers in the world there to bump for him, and he just did FUCK ALL.   Say what you want about guys like Nash, but he'd have made the most of his time in the spotlight and made his opponent work for him.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Loki said:

As much as I want Joe to win MITB, I suspect it's going to Braaauuuun and the RAW brand.  I do think he's the first challenger for whoever has the title after the PPV... Styles at a guess unless they want to use Joe as a face.

When did we last see Orton?  Is he off on sabbatical?  He deserves it, and it'd do him a power of good to take 6 months off frankly.

So, Bryan v Cass is going to rumble on for a bit longer.  I just don't know what to make of Cass - when he's in his suit and being all snarky I think they might be on to something.  Then he takes his top off and plods around.  In that main event they have him a good 3/4 minute slot on offence with one of the best wrestlers in the world there to bump for him, and he just did FUCK ALL.   Say what you want about guys like Nash, but he'd have made the most of his time in the spotlight and made his opponent work for him.

Nash was ten times the man this geek is though. Shocking he is. I should say, Cass' promos appear to have improved a bit. But he has no presence for a guy so big, his look is terrible, and he is the drizzling shits in the ring. 

I could see either Braun winning in order to face Lesnar at SummerSlam, or else Joe winning (and to hold it for a little while, as I guess Nakamura will be taking the belt from AJ at some point). 

• Paid Members

Braun winning it and naming his time and place in advance because he's a beast and wants no unfair advantage would be an excellent way to promote a match with Lesnar... as long as he wins. Otherwise he looks an idiot and you've Reignsed up another star.

• Paid Members

I suspect they're still on the way, but they have nothing for them currently. I could see them appearing and costing Gallows & Anderson the tag title match, or getting involved in some screwy fashion at MITB to debut. I do fear for them on the main roster outside of Dain. Wolfe especially, given he always seems a bit false with the moshing and crazy eyes. 

Archived