Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Big Cass seems to have been working on his mic skills during his time away. He seemed a lot more confident that the last time he did an in ring promo. He could have gotten a better fitting suit, however. It looked like it was straight out of Cena's baggy suit wardrobe.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wasn't even remotely enthused about Bryan feuding with Big Cass after the end of the show last week, but BC's promo was great. I'm well up for Bryan/Miz but it makes sense to keep them apart for a short time, no need to rush into that feud as it could run for an age. 

Thought it was a decent show on the whole despite the constant fucking GRR ads completely saturating the broadcast. Matches were all solid, some good promo work from Cass/Carmella for instance and a hot finish to the main event. Not every star had to make an in-ring appearance either, they did a backstage promo with Somoa Joe and the NXT arrivals are bing held off as well. The show only being two hours as opposed to three does make an absolutely massive difference to my enjoyment of it. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Balor/Bullet/The club factions on both shows? I wonder if they keep them entirely separate or play up the connection.

How do? Gallows & Anderson moved over to Smackdown, so Balor is on his own now isn't he?

• Paid Members

Someone has already said it perfectly in this thread - Big Cass is by far the best of the boring lankies. Unlike Corbin, he could actually make something of himself.

Bloody hell though, it didn’t take long for them to make Daniel Bryan feel like just another guy. I don’t know what they needed to do to keep him special, but it already feels like that sense of excitement and momentum has been lost.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

How do? Gallows & Anderson moved over to Smackdown, so Balor is on his own now isn't he?

Yeah, but before they got drafted, weren't they part of 'Balor Club'? They've just hooked up with AJ and are now 'The club' again.

It's like their tenuously connected to AJ and Fin through these stables. Although the names change, Theres still this cross link between the brands.

Sorry, it makes sense in my head but I'm not explaining it properly.

• Paid Members

You'd think they would play up to it, but I bet they won't. That said, we had the little 'too sweet' tease between the four of them at SummerSlam 2016. Would be good for them to have a proper stable name rather than 'The Club' (Balor Club was also poxy), or even just give Gallows & Anderson a team name. They should go with The Good Brothers.

Cass' promo was good stuff, believable content and well delivered. He needs to lose the pubey beard and you could have a good heel with a high ceiling there. I am a bit terrified though that Bryan will get re-injured after a 3 star Cass match, just like when he finally won the title and only got to defend against bloody Kane

Shades of Edge in that Big Cass promo - he's suddenly developed a really interesting heel persona.

Nakamura may be better as a heel, but he's still lazy in the ring in my opinion.  He seems to be going through the motions, and avoiding any heavy lifting in these 6 man tag situations.

11 hours ago, Loki said:

Shades of Edge in that Big Cass promo - he's suddenly developed a really interesting heel persona.

Nakamura may be better as a heel, but he's still lazy in the ring in my opinion.  He seems to be going through the motions, and avoiding any heavy lifting in these 6 man tag situations.

I wish more wrestlers would phone it in during meaningless matches rather than taking risks for no reason. He's 38 with a lot of miles on the clock after all.

Sure, but things like not feeding Gallows during the hot tag - that really sucked for Gallows who was getting some heat before taking the pin.  Styles is older than him, and he tries to make every opponent look good.

Is it wrong I really enjoyed Big Cass/Daniel Bryan segment on Smackdown?

I'm really enjoying Big Cass as a heel since he returned on Smackdown. He's a big guy who hates small guys and felt overshadowed with Daniel Bryan's return and now he's out for vengeance. It's great stuff in my opinion.

Archived