Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

That bit where Ziggler popped up to tease a match with Bryan was the ultimate boner-killer. Can’t Woken Matt chuck him in the lake too?

Has there ever been a more boring Wrestlemania match than that US Title Triple Threat they’ve announced? Dull  shit multiplied by three. Surely that has to go on the pre-show?

Edited by Supremo

I hope the triple threat match goes on the pre show, but realistically I can't see them not having Randy Orton on the main show.

At a guess, the pre show will have the womans battle royal, cruiserweight title, Smackdown Tag titles and maybe the Andre battle royal.

If it was me the Uso's 100% deserve to be on the main show instead of that US title match, but it won't happen.

• Paid Members

I tell you what, 'Mania is turning out to be very tasty looking this year that's for damn sure. Something for everyone on there, and pretty much every match that matters has been given plenty of focus and time to build. Getting a Daniel Bryan return is the icing, the cherry, heck it's the top two tiers on top of the cake. A fantastic promo at the start of the show with a beat down to close the show that drew real heat with no half measures either way. People want to see D-Bry back in the ring, and kicking ten shades out of Owens and Zayn. 

The Daniel Bryan stuff alone made it a great show, but the Uso's impressed again, as well as Rusev and Nakamura having a nice wee match. Dolph Ziggler and the whole nonsense with this US title three way carry on can bugger off though.

• Paid Members

After Smackdown finished, and Daniel Bryan has rekindled my love of pro-wrestling, I decided to seek out the first AJ Styles vs. Nakamura match from New Japan, since I’ve never seen it. I didn’t actually get around to watching the match, but I did see the pre-match promo and it puts WWE to shame. Just look at this. 

How cool does Nakamura come across in this? They need to just let him speak Japanese and subtitle him. It’s infiinitely better.

Edited by Supremo

I know that there's a lot of ridicule this time of year about 'pointing season', but Bryan's segment to open Smackdown shows that with the right context and right moment that sign has huge weight and meaning. Fantastic moment, shows again that Bryan is the purest face they've ever had. Nobody unites the fanbase the way he does and it's incredible that he's getting this opportunity again.

• Paid Members

I'd have put the US Title on the line in the Battle Royal. That needs a shake up and the belt most definitely does. You could even then go with a Raw guy winning it to jump to Smackdown. Anything would be better than this triple threat. I can see why they want Orton to have something to do. It's admirable, like their desire to get every man and his dog on the show but it's killing WrestleMania.

Styles and Nakamura I don't mind the build for. There's fuck all they could have done as two babyfaces to make me want to see it more. It's all about the match on the night.

• Paid Members

Shinsuke really did seem like the coolest guy in the world during those last couple of years in NJPW. When he turns it on, he's one of the most charismatic performers I've ever seen. He's barely scratched the surface of that in WWE/NXT, I can only think of one or two times he's seemed that cool again - here's hoping for a grandiose entrance at Wrestlemania to add to the list

17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I can see why they want Orton to have something to do. It's admirable, like their desire to get every man and his dog on the show but it's killing WrestleMania.

100% this.

If they didn't have this weird obsession of getting everyone on the card, Wrestlemania could have been a fantastic 10 match show this year.

AJ/Nakamura

Brock/Reigns

Cena/Taker

Angle & Rousey/HHH & Steph

Sami & KO/Shane & Bryan

Charlotte/Auska

Alexa/Nia

Braun/Sheamus & Cesaro

Uso's/New Day/Bludgeon

Miz/Balor/Rollins

Hopefully it does end up like that and they throw everything else on the preshow.