Jump to content
Ric Flair's Divorce Lawyer

Smackdown Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

The set up has tag team match all over it, although its written and set up perfectly for Daniel Bryan to take the place of Shane's tag partner and everything suggests thats not happening. Its going to be bloody Ziggler isnt it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That was an audience completely uninterested in anything. Imagine doing the ‘crushed trachea’ spot to no response. Shane’s facials were brilliant, too, and those funny noises after the powerbomb.

The first thing I came here to post too, what a dreadful crowd. They were completely dead and even booed when Shane announced Daniel Bryan's return! It didn't help that it was a really shit episode, and forgettable.

The AJ/Nakamura promo was crap and then Charlotte & Asuka did virtually the same promo later! Lots of in-ring promo waffle and none of it any good. The Bludgeon Brothers beatdown on Jimmy and Big E was good though. And the silly noises Shane made at the end were weird, like a pensioner trying to pass through a kidney stone or something.

Load of old shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, marc2j said:

The set up has tag team match all over it, although its written and set up perfectly for Daniel Bryan to take the place of Shane's tag partner and everything suggests thats not happening. Its going to be bloody Ziggler isnt it? 

Probably but i'm not sure that makes any storyline sense (unless i've missed something, probably have). It makes most sense to have Bryan but I doubt thats happening although he could be a special ref. The most sense in my mind would be to have a friend of Shane such as the Big Show be his tag partner if he is going to get back in the ring again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That episode was the pits. Just the tag team match between 2B and Uso Number 1 & Ernie Langston, and the show closing beat down were any good. As a few of you have mentioned, the crowd were bloody dreadful. 

I was going to ask who we all thought would be Shane's partner, as he is bound to have one and it won't be Daniel Bryan. However simonworden's shout of the Big Show could be pretty close to the marker I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How pointless has Smackdown become? 2016 was a really decent year for the 'blue brand' (ugh) following the move to USA Network, the switch to going live and subsequent brand split.

2017 wasn't a great year and the B-Show Syndrome really started to set in once again. The product became dull, storylines were strung out whilst becoming very uninteresting (e.g. the turgid and direction-less Shane, Bryan, Owens & Zayn feud), they pushed fucking Jinder as champ, Orton became more stale than a Ryvita left outside overnight, Cena proved how shite the show was by starting to turn up on RAW in a throwback to the 'RAW Supershow' days, Nakamura has looked rubbish, Shane is an abysmal on-screen performer these days, Roode is a bland smiling face and Dolph Ziggler is still a thing. If it wasn't for the tag division (when I say division, I mean New Day and Usos) then it would be even worse.

To sum up how much of an under-thought the show is, they used a chunk of the show to recap the Rousey/Steph/HHH/Angle feud from RAW and also to cover the latest Roman Reigns developments. You can probably watch RAW for weeks on end without knowing that a show called Smackdown even exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

They were completely dead and even booed when Shane announced Daniel Bryan's return!

I might be wrong and may have misheard it, but did Shane fuck up and say Bryan won’t be returning next week? Because I thought that’s why they booed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I might be wrong and may have misheard it, but did Shane fuck up and say Bryan won’t be returning next week? Because I thought that’s why they booed

He definitely said he would be returning next week

I assume they booed as they wanted to see him live themselves as what happens when they announce matches for the following week and the crowd boos  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

He definitely said he would be returning next week

I assume they booed as they wanted to see him live themselves as what happens when they announce matches for the following week and the crowd boos  

My bad then. I had convinced myself that’s what he said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Might be a bit late but SmackDown is on Sky Sports Action tonight at midnight instead of Arena. Check your series link as mine hadn't picked it up.

Annoys the piss out of me when Sky does that!

I didnt know so it didnt record but I have got rid of all the sports channels bar Arena because they said that would be the channel wrestling is on! Why not put whatever you replaced it with on Arena on Sky Sports frickin' Action!?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More I think about it I don't think it will be a tag match, I can see Bryan reinstating Shane as a wrestler to get his revenge on Sami & Owens and making it yet another triple threat match.

US, IC, Shane/Owens/Zayn, New Day/Uso's/Bludgeon. How many more triple threats are they going to throw on Mania?

 

Edited by The King of Old School

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Annoys the piss out of me when Sky does that!

I didnt know so it didnt record but I have got rid of all the sports channels bar Arena because they said that would be the channel wrestling is on! Why not put whatever you replaced it with on Arena on Sky Sports frickin' Action!?
 

How is that even possible? Action and Arena are sold together..

I’ve just double checked and even at launch they were bundled together in all press; http://www.skysports.com/relaunch

They’ve never said anything would be on one of the two exclusively, and I don’t know of any sub-licensee who sells them separately. Much less Sky themselves. Check, you’ve probably got Action and just don’t realise.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after that finish, we are assuming a tag. I can't see them clearing Bryan, even though it is a logical way to end up after teasing stuff both ways forever. Vince seems like a candidate, given the whole thing started with him and there was the otherwise inexplicable Shane hanging out with Vince cameo on Raw.

Quick question - is Jericho's schedule free for Mania? Seems he could slide in pretty easily with the Owens history. Got a feeling he's playing in New Hampshire there or thereabouts...

Vince it is then ¬_¬

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

So, after that finish, we are assuming a tag. I can't see them clearing Bryan, even though it is a logical way to end up after teasing stuff both ways forever. Vince seems like a candidate, given the whole thing started with him and there was the otherwise inexplicable Shane hanging out with Vince cameo on Raw.

Quick question - is Jericho's schedule free for Mania? Seems he could slide in pretty easily with the Owens history. Got a feeling he's playing in New Hampshire there or thereabouts...

Vince it is then ¬_¬

Genuinely don't understand how Daniel Bryan can't get cleared but Vince McMahon - a 72 Year Old Man with an artificial hip - can!. The mind boggles.

Vince is going to die in the ring isn't he - via a match or a segment - he's going to die live on Pay Per View

Edited by Killjoy_Gee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Killjoy_Gee said:

Genuinely don't understand how Daniel Bryan can't get cleared but Vince McMahon - a 72 Year Old Man with an artificial hip - can!. The mind boggles.

Vince is going to die in the ring isn't he - via a match or a segment - he's going to die live on Pay Per View

I’m not sure age and hips matter; they do concussion stress tests and if you don’t pass you don’t wrestle. For all the shit Vince has done to his body, it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that Bryan has a more messed up noggin’. When he wasn’t bumping like a lunatic for other people he was doing his own moves, which often require him taking as big a bump as his opponent.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×