Smackdown Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I might be wrong and may have misheard it, but did Shane fuck up and say Bryan won’t be returning next week? Because I thought that’s why they booed

He definitely said he would be returning next week

I assume they booed as they wanted to see him live themselves as what happens when they announce matches for the following week and the crowd boos  

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

He definitely said he would be returning next week

I assume they booed as they wanted to see him live themselves as what happens when they announce matches for the following week and the crowd boos  

My bad then. I had convinced myself that’s what he said. 

13 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Might be a bit late but SmackDown is on Sky Sports Action tonight at midnight instead of Arena. Check your series link as mine hadn't picked it up.

Annoys the piss out of me when Sky does that!

I didnt know so it didnt record but I have got rid of all the sports channels bar Arena because they said that would be the channel wrestling is on! Why not put whatever you replaced it with on Arena on Sky Sports frickin' Action!?

More I think about it I don't think it will be a tag match, I can see Bryan reinstating Shane as a wrestler to get his revenge on Sami & Owens and making it yet another triple threat match.

US, IC, Shane/Owens/Zayn, New Day/Uso's/Bludgeon. How many more triple threats are they going to throw on Mania?

Edited by The King of Old School

30 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I didnt know so it didnt record but I have got rid of all the sports channels bar Arena because they said that would be the channel wrestling is on! Why not put whatever you replaced it with on Arena on Sky Sports frickin' Action!?

How is that even possible? Action and Arena are sold together..

I’ve just double checked and even at launch they were bundled together in all press; http://www.skysports.com/relaunch

They’ve never said anything would be on one of the two exclusively, and I don’t know of any sub-licensee who sells them separately. Much less Sky themselves. Check, you’ve probably got Action and just don’t realise.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

So, after that finish, we are assuming a tag. I can't see them clearing Bryan, even though it is a logical way to end up after teasing stuff both ways forever. Vince seems like a candidate, given the whole thing started with him and there was the otherwise inexplicable Shane hanging out with Vince cameo on Raw.

Quick question - is Jericho's schedule free for Mania? Seems he could slide in pretty easily with the Owens history. Got a feeling he's playing in New Hampshire there or thereabouts...

Vince it is then ¬_¬

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

14 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

So, after that finish, we are assuming a tag. I can't see them clearing Bryan, even though it is a logical way to end up after teasing stuff both ways forever. Vince seems like a candidate, given the whole thing started with him and there was the otherwise inexplicable Shane hanging out with Vince cameo on Raw.

Quick question - is Jericho's schedule free for Mania? Seems he could slide in pretty easily with the Owens history. Got a feeling he's playing in New Hampshire there or thereabouts...

Vince it is then ¬_¬

Genuinely don't understand how Daniel Bryan can't get cleared but Vince McMahon - a 72 Year Old Man with an artificial hip - can!. The mind boggles.

Vince is going to die in the ring isn't he - via a match or a segment - he's going to die live on Pay Per View

Edited by Killjoy_Gee

17 minutes ago, Killjoy_Gee said:

Genuinely don't understand how Daniel Bryan can't get cleared but Vince McMahon - a 72 Year Old Man with an artificial hip - can!. The mind boggles.

Vince is going to die in the ring isn't he - via a match or a segment - he's going to die live on Pay Per View

I’m not sure age and hips matter; they do concussion stress tests and if you don’t pass you don’t wrestle. For all the shit Vince has done to his body, it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that Bryan has a more messed up noggin’. When he wasn’t bumping like a lunatic for other people he was doing his own moves, which often require him taking as big a bump as his opponent.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

There's rumours of Vince having his fair share of memory issues that may relate to CTE as well, though - or could just relate to him being a 72 year old lunatic, who knows?

I doubt we'll ever see Vince McMahon wrestle a full match again. It wouldn't surprise me, I just don't think it will happen.

I could see it just being a Triple Threat of Owens/Zayn/Shane, though it's already a Triple Threat heavy card by the looks of it, so perhaps not. If it is a tag match, it's hard to look at the roster and find people who aren't shitarses that would fit the bill - how much of a damp squib would Ziggler be in that match, even by the standards of this interminable feud and it's confused face/heel dynamics? There's no one on the full-time Smackdown roster that you could slot in there that wouldn't feel out of place - everyone's either already accounted for, or a midcard-for-life type, and I can't see Shane slumming it teaming with Tye Dillinger or Sin Cara. Maybe Big Show if he still has a 'Mania match in him?

Jericho would make a lot of sense in relation to Owens, and would up his stock as a guy happily bouncing between NJPW and WWE, while doing his own thing with cruises and shit, but he does have a gig with Fozzy the same night as Wrestlemania. If that gig gets cancelled, then we can talk! T

I know Shane McMahon is a McMahon, and therefore in WWE canon he's an unbreakable God of a man, but I do miss when injury angles actually wrote people off. If he's in a match at Wrestlemania - and I'd be amazed if he's not - then that's, what, three weeks tops that this angle can take him out for? A non-wrestler takes that kind of a beatdown and it puts him out for maybe a fortnight?

8 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

How is that even possible? Action and Arena are sold together..

I’ve just double checked and even at launch they were bundled together in all press; http://www.skysports.com/relaunch

They’ve never said anything would be on one of the two exclusively, and I don’t know of any sub-licensee who sells them separately. Much less Sky themselves. Check, you’ve probably got Action and just don’t realise.

I've checked. You I do. Did not know that. Cheers.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Action and Arena count as one channel even though they are over 2 seperate channels so you still have both.