Ric Flair's Divorce Lawyer

Smackdown Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well Roode walked into NXT a made man as well, he also has the ammo of being able to say “you idiots still cheer me despite me calling you idiots.” 

Keep the entrance music, it isn’t going to harm him unless WWE let it. Which they probably will because they are a pretty clueless these days 

True, they can keep it and go on, it is what it is. I think we're getting away from BombPat's idea which is pretty good, in that it's such an easy way for Roode to get the fans to hate him a bit by telling them they do not get to sing their favourite song.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Donna Summer with the sneak attack there

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

@PunkStep Some living in that room. Belter.

'Working from home' today, innit

1 hour ago, FourtyTwo said:

Genuine question - do you think having Cena on the card in a nothing match would do anything to change the PPV buy rate?

No, I don't. It's WrestleMania, short of The Rock coming back, Mania has inherently drawn based on "it's Mania" and the fact they'll throw everything at it from their Johnny Punchclock roster and every star name at their disposal. Not having John Cena wrestle if John Cena's available flies in the face of that, whether he's fighting The Undertaker or tagging up with his Bellabot. We're entering the transitional period where the pool of yesterday's star power is slowly being diluted, they would never consciously exacerbate that by telling John to miss a Mania for the sake of next year having a better build. "Today matters, tomorrow is a problem for tomorrow" is the way they've thought for years now.... which is why they're so reliant on Brock, Triple H, Taker and Cena to make the big dance still special in the first place.

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

True, they can keep it and go on, it is what it is. I think we're getting away from BombPat's idea which is pretty good, in that it's such an easy way for Roode to get the fans to hate him a bit by telling them they do not get to sing their favourite song.

They can achieve that by getting him to walk out with a microphone and cut the music after 10 seconds for him to go straight into a promo. Easy heat 

8 hours ago, air_raid said:

No, I don't. It's WrestleMania, short of The Rock coming back, Mania has inherently drawn based on "it's Mania" and the fact they'll throw everything at it from their Johnny Punchclock roster and every star name at their disposal. Not having John Cena wrestle if John Cena's available flies in the face of that, whether he's fighting The Undertaker or tagging up with his Bellabot. We're entering the transitional period where the pool of yesterday's star power is slowly being diluted, they would never consciously exacerbate that by telling John to miss a Mania for the sake of next year having a better build. "Today matters, tomorrow is a problem for tomorrow" is the way they've thought for years now.... which is why they're so reliant on Brock, Triple H, Taker and Cena to make the big dance still special in the first place.

I think I agree with you, if I read it as that he won't be missing Mania but my point was more around whether he should miss it this year. You're right that they are slowly losing the stars of yesterday, but surely whilst they are hanging around, it makes it harder to make new ones?

Chucking Cena v Taker onto the card, which already will have Brock, HHH and Angle on it just serves to further highlight the gulf in class / booking / whatever it is that made "yesterday's" superstars, superstars, and today's roster irrelevant on the biggest stage of them all.

Edited by FourtyTwo

And if THAT turns out to be an unpopular opinion, I actually preferred his TNA theme best. Probably the intro that did it, always sent a shiver up my spine live. Back when TNA was worth going to.

Edited by air_raid

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

And if THAT turns out to be an unpopular opinion, I actually preferred his TNA theme best. Probably the intro that did it, always sent a shiver up my spine live. Back when TNA was worth going to.

Agree, just super intense and fit his wrestling machine character. Use it as my race start song when doing half marathons as it’s just a cracking in the zone song 

The way its being built up I think Roode/Orton/Jinder triple threat match could happen at Mania.

Along with Seth/Miz/Balor or the IC title, and probably Uso's/New Day/Bludgeon Brothers for the SD Tag titles.

Hell, we could even end up with Braun in the Universal title match.

Good job everyone loves a triple threat match :wacko:

Dolt Ziggler calling AJ Styles kid when I’m pretty sure he’s younger then Styles...

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Might be a bit late but SmackDown is on Sky Sports Action tonight at midnight instead of Arena. Check your series link as mine hadn't picked it up.

That was an audience completely uninterested in anything. Imagine doing the ‘crushed trachea’ spot to no response. Shane’s facials were brilliant, too, and those funny noises after the powerbomb.

I want Shane to tag with the over acting EMT that was helping him at the end. “Hang in there Shane...you’re gonna make it...”

It’s not Holby City, mate.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz