Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

And if THAT turns out to be an unpopular opinion, I actually preferred his TNA theme best. Probably the intro that did it, always sent a shiver up my spine live. Back when TNA was worth going to.

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

And if THAT turns out to be an unpopular opinion, I actually preferred his TNA theme best. Probably the intro that did it, always sent a shiver up my spine live. Back when TNA was worth going to.

Agree, just super intense and fit his wrestling machine character. Use it as my race start song when doing half marathons as it’s just a cracking in the zone song 

The way its being built up I think Roode/Orton/Jinder triple threat match could happen at Mania.

Along with Seth/Miz/Balor or the IC title, and probably Uso's/New Day/Bludgeon Brothers for the SD Tag titles.

Hell, we could even end up with Braun in the Universal title match.

Good job everyone loves a triple threat match :wacko:

That was an audience completely uninterested in anything. Imagine doing the ‘crushed trachea’ spot to no response. Shane’s facials were brilliant, too, and those funny noises after the powerbomb.

I want Shane to tag with the over acting EMT that was helping him at the end. “Hang in there Shane...you’re gonna make it...”

It’s not Holby City, mate.

• Paid Members

The set up has tag team match all over it, although its written and set up perfectly for Daniel Bryan to take the place of Shane's tag partner and everything suggests thats not happening. Its going to be bloody Ziggler isnt it? 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That was an audience completely uninterested in anything. Imagine doing the ‘crushed trachea’ spot to no response. Shane’s facials were brilliant, too, and those funny noises after the powerbomb.

The first thing I came here to post too, what a dreadful crowd. They were completely dead and even booed when Shane announced Daniel Bryan's return! It didn't help that it was a really shit episode, and forgettable.

The AJ/Nakamura promo was crap and then Charlotte & Asuka did virtually the same promo later! Lots of in-ring promo waffle and none of it any good. The Bludgeon Brothers beatdown on Jimmy and Big E was good though. And the silly noises Shane made at the end were weird, like a pensioner trying to pass through a kidney stone or something.

Load of old shit.

38 minutes ago, marc2j said:

The set up has tag team match all over it, although its written and set up perfectly for Daniel Bryan to take the place of Shane's tag partner and everything suggests thats not happening. Its going to be bloody Ziggler isnt it? 

Probably but i'm not sure that makes any storyline sense (unless i've missed something, probably have). It makes most sense to have Bryan but I doubt thats happening although he could be a special ref. The most sense in my mind would be to have a friend of Shane such as the Big Show be his tag partner if he is going to get back in the ring again. 

• Paid Members

That episode was the pits. Just the tag team match between 2B and Uso Number 1 & Ernie Langston, and the show closing beat down were any good. As a few of you have mentioned, the crowd were bloody dreadful. 

I was going to ask who we all thought would be Shane's partner, as he is bound to have one and it won't be Daniel Bryan. However simonworden's shout of the Big Show could be pretty close to the marker I think. 

• Paid Members

How pointless has Smackdown become? 2016 was a really decent year for the 'blue brand' (ugh) following the move to USA Network, the switch to going live and subsequent brand split.

2017 wasn't a great year and the B-Show Syndrome really started to set in once again. The product became dull, storylines were strung out whilst becoming very uninteresting (e.g. the turgid and direction-less Shane, Bryan, Owens & Zayn feud), they pushed fucking Jinder as champ, Orton became more stale than a Ryvita left outside overnight, Cena proved how shite the show was by starting to turn up on RAW in a throwback to the 'RAW Supershow' days, Nakamura has looked rubbish, Shane is an abysmal on-screen performer these days, Roode is a bland smiling face and Dolph Ziggler is still a thing. If it wasn't for the tag division (when I say division, I mean New Day and Usos) then it would be even worse.

To sum up how much of an under-thought the show is, they used a chunk of the show to recap the Rousey/Steph/HHH/Angle feud from RAW and also to cover the latest Roman Reigns developments. You can probably watch RAW for weeks on end without knowing that a show called Smackdown even exists.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

They were completely dead and even booed when Shane announced Daniel Bryan's return!

I might be wrong and may have misheard it, but did Shane fuck up and say Bryan won’t be returning next week? Because I thought that’s why they booed

Archived