Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cutting to Shane and Bryan during the Corbin/Zayn match was annoying enough, but having them facing away from the TV screen whilst watching the match looked fucking ridiculous. I know it was to get them facing the camera, but fuck me use a different angle. Who watches TV by looking over their shoulder? Morons.

• Paid Members

So is Ziggler a babyface again now? If so, why? And has he explained why he dumped the US Title?

And why is the record scratch now at the start of his music, completely reversing the point of it before?

The Cena story is fascinating me. The fact there’s loads of contradictory stories online about who he’ll actually face compliments it something rotten.

I heard someone suggest he’s going to win the title and face Nakamura and AJ Styles is going to face Rey Mysterio because of some online beef they’ve had recently or something. The fact that bonkers stories like that are even seeing the light of day this close to Mania is great.

I think it’ll obviously be Taker, you don’t tease that and then drop it, but the journey there is great..

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think it’ll obviously be Taker, you don’t tease that and then drop it, but the journey there is great..

Give that man a goldfish.

Some of the newz sites reporting that Taker was the plan but that he changed his mind are making me howl. They unequivocally would not have mentioned the fuckers name if the match wasn't happening, and I sincerely hope when they start the build proper, Taker reminds us that Cena used his name in the Miz confrontations this time last year and questions just how long John Boy's been thinking about this match.

What I do like about Cena getting added to the title match that changes every bloody week is that hopefully AJ gets to pin him, making the former look even stronger into Mania and adding extra turmoil to Cena's mental state - I like where they're going with Cena and getting beaten again would really enhance his storyline. Nothing to be earned from Styles pinning fucking Corbin.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed that main event. Styles refusing to take a count-out victory and Cena seconds later lying in the ring expecting one was great, I love little touches like that. So simple but add so much to the story they're telling and both mens characters right now.

For the most part, it was the same shit Smackdown we've been getting for months. No fucking idea where this Shane/Bryan shit is going (and judging by their perfomances in those backstage skits, they can't really be arsed with it either). But another issue right now, during the build-up to Fast Lane, is the amount of heel vs heel matches. Just the past few weeks we've had Owens/Zayn/Corbin/Ziggler all wrestling each other in one-on-one matches. From a character point of view, when it's a dickhead vs a prick, why should I be invested in who wins?

New Day started off shit and annoying but the Usos promo and Big E's return promo were both great. Really hope this is the year the Usos make the Mania card, they deserve it after the year they've had.

They are really trying to deflect us from the Cena/Taker match that even I'm starting to believe it wont happen. Would be so strange for them to tease it like that though and not go through with it.

Apart from the title match I have no idea what will happen on the Smackdown side for Mania, I'm sure it will come clearer after Fast lane, I can see Owens/Zayn happening though.

Unfortunately I can see a shit load of multi person matches on the undercard at Mania, reckon the IC, US, Raw Tag, Smackdown Tag & Smackdown Womans will all be multi person affairs just to get as many as possible on the card.

What a bore.

• Paid Members

Of course Cena VS Taker is happening. Mumbling that he quite fancied wrestling the Taker at a WrestleMania during a low-key interview would be one thing, but bellowing at the top of your Cena-promo voice that you want to finally challenge the Undertaker - in the middle of the ring during the flagship show - no chance they're teasing the fans with that if it's not happening. Anything else would be a monumental disappointment.

Cena loses at Fast Lane (obviously, that's no way to win your record breaking title) and at some point after Taker comes out on Raw to tell Cena it's time to have that dance. The build-up to this match should be pretty darn good.

Archived