Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
58 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Wouldn't have known that was him in a million years.

There’s a nice little interview with him on WWE.com as well. Hoping for a Network collection of him being squashed by Mark Henry next!

Seriously though, they could do a lot worse than add him to 205 Live.

It’s made me go and check out the rest of the Bludgeon Brothers squashes, and I am thrilled to see Harper has finally got rid of the sweaty vest outfit he’d been rocking up to now. He looks great, and I hope this might be the thing that finally gets him to the next level. For my money he’s the most under appreciated guy they have - he could be close to the top, given the chance.

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan and Byron Saxton bickering about whether wrestling on the independents “matters,” was so weird. Like Bryan was really arguing with Vince backstage, with Saxton being the surrogate. I still can’t decide if Bryan is being scripted to come across so aloof or whether he legitimately doesn’t give a fuck anymore and is just doing and saying whatever he wants until his contract runs out.

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

There’s a nice little interview with him on WWE.com as well. Hoping for a Network collection of him being squashed by Mark Henry next!

Seriously though, they could do a lot worse than add him to 205 Live.

It’s made me go and check out the rest of the Bludgeon Brothers squashes, and I am thrilled to see Harper has finally got rid of the sweaty vest outfit he’d been rocking up to now. He looks great, and I hope this might be the thing that finally gets him to the next level. For my money he’s the most under appreciated guy they have - he could be close to the top, given the chance.

So much this, I feel he could have been built as a main guy long before now. I found him mesmerising when he spoke in the way Bray was supposed to have done, Luke was the real MVP in that stable.

• Paid Members

Whilst I agree that Harper is massively underrated, and it's definitely a positive that they've got him out of the stinky vest, it still feels like one step forward and two steps back now that he's back tagging with Eric Rowan. He's going nowhere paired with him. You can already foresee how the next year is going to go for them. They'll do some squashes, maybe have one or two good PPV matches with Usos, then they'll get lost in the shuffle, before continuing the endless cycle of turning on each other/reuniting with Bray. Harper needs a complete overhaul and to be removed from any association with the Wyatt Family for the rest of his career.

• Paid Members

When the chap with the moustache got sacked and The Vaudevillains were no more, I assumed it was only a matter of time before Aiden English was getting the chop, too. He reeked of put-him-on-Main-Event-for-a-year-and-then-get rid. How wrong I was. Along with Rusev, they’ve became one of the best acts in the company. I love them so much.

• Paid Members

Aye. That Rusev/New Day segment was actually quite funny. Can't remember the last time I found a New Day segment that entertaining.

As Rusev stomps on Big E's pancakes: "Ahh-booey to your pancakes! Ahh-booey to your pancankes!"

"WHAAAAT?! YOU DUN FLAPPED THE WRONG JACK SUCKA!"

• Paid Members

I think Aiden English was always going to land on his feet and to be honest they were probably finding an excuse to get rid of Gotch, or at least split them up. I think originally they stuck them together in NXT to give English something to do as he was the one out of the two they were fleshing out before they formed the tag. Gotch wasn't doing anything.

Archived