Smackdown Discussion Thread

I'm guessing that they were thinking of giving that spot to Paige, but now have decided to bring her back in a different way either after the match or on one of the shows the next week.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The main 5 on 5 build has been very good. Yes there have been some simple solutions missed to some of the storytelling, But it's probably the best Raw vs Smackdown build they've done since the first in 2005.

Either Styles loses and wins the Rumble or Styles retains and this goes on until the Royal Rumble (so Styles/Jinder are not in the Rumble match) as they tend to do PPV main events like that. 

If and when Cena beats the title record I would much rather he does it in a match that isn't Jinder, although Jinder is the one person he can face without being booed. 

• Paid Members

Not a fan of Liv Morgan at all, but even she's leagues ahead of Sonya Deville at this stage. Sarah Logan is a good call-up, wasn't expecting that at all. I read that she was considering leaving a while back. Really enjoyed her during the Mae Young Classic. Ruby is decent enough, should get herself over.

• Paid Members

So with Jinder/Styles being pushed back to Clash of Champions, and that happening after the India tour, do we think this means the Jinder experiment is actually over? Have to imagine if they were putting the belt back on him it would be before the tour. 

With them now taking 6 women from NXT and putting them on Raw and Smackdown, who do we think WWE are going to bring in to replace them in NXT? Shayna Baszler seems a quite obvious choice, but who else?

And have they just given up on Nakamura now like they have done with Balor on Raw? He just seemed out of place as one of the Lumberjacks in that main event.

• Paid Members

Aye. On that night, it could probably all depend on if Kevin Owens is wrestling.

IDK, I think Vince seems fairly high on AJ, these days. It's hard not to be, right? He arrived to help save a PPV with almost no sleep and dragged Balor to the best match he may ever have on the proper show. Followed that up with making Jinder not seem like a waste of time for the first time. Got his belt back and then stole the show at Survivor Series with Brock's best 15+ match in years. He's miles ahead of anyone on Smackdown not named John Cena.

Styles should really hold the belt until 'Mania. Of course, the fear is they'll fancy Canadian Jinder to hold the thing in the hope John Boy gets more cheers against a nothing with melanin, rather than a great match.

Archived