Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I think they've ruined that by having the Punjabi prison match feature a ton of interference and a run-in finish. Not like there's ever been a cell match where they actually stayed in or people stayed out.

True, but I'm trying to think in terms of what makes sense in kayfabe - if you're the booker in that reality, you'd book the cage match to stop the guys interfering, there's not really any purpose for it in the other matches. Out of kayfabe, the solution is to book things more logically though the stipulations make sense and feel like a natural conclusion to the feud, rather than "hey, it's October, so you're in a Hell in a Cell match on Sunday".

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
56 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This is true. It might be logical from a creative perspective, but fuck wasting the cell on that. Nobody gives a shit, hopefully it's just a showcase for Nakamura- battering him to take the belt and thus ending Jinder's failed run. It's time to hinder the Jinder.

Although Triple H is out in India on a PR tour as we speak, so maybe not...

I gather Jinder is headlining a 2 night tour in India in December. I'm not sure they'll take the belt off of him before then unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

This is true. It might be logical from a creative perspective, but fuck wasting the cell on that. Nobody gives a shit, hopefully it's just a showcase for Nakamura- battering him to take the belt and thus ending Jinder's failed run. It's time to hinder the Jinder.

I think it's pretty obvious they are keeping the belt on Jinder until Wrestlemania, where he drops it to Cena so he can break the record.

Cena/Jinder & Regins/Lesnar as your "double" main event. Bloody hell.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I think it's pretty obvious they are keeping the belt on Jinder until Wrestlemania, where he drops it to Cena so he can break the record.

Cena/Jinder & Regins/Lesnar as your "double" main event. Bloody hell.

I don't think anything is obvious in WWE anymore, I can't see Jinder holding it until then. Perhaps dropping the belt to Cena at the Rumble, so he still has the belt during the India tour? God knows how Nakamura will fare having lost this feud with Jinder, though- chopping his bollocks off like this.

They threw him into the WWE title picture far too soon in my view, I think a US title run first would've been best. I really wanted to see him feud with Miz over the IC title- seemed like such a perfect start to his main roster run, but the 'superstar shake-up' put an end to that. It'd be nice too, given how synonymous Nakamura's name has been with New Japan's IC title over the years.

At HITC id love to see Ziggler introduced first against Roode and come out to the Booby Roode's glorious theme for his entrance. He has mimicked a bunch of other wrestlers why not roode that would be class. Play the glorious theme with the whole smoke and stuff and the fans pop then they realize Ziggler. Could be a Glorious reaction from the fans.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wooly said:

At HITC id love to see Ziggler introduced first against Roode and come out to the Booby Roode's glorious theme for his entrance. He has mimicked a bunch of other wrestlers why not roode that would be class. Play the glorious theme with the whole smoke and stuff and the fans pop then they realize Ziggler. Could be a Glorious reaction from the fans.

I expect this may happen. But surely, given it's a big part of Roode's act, you're just guaranteeing they won't pop as hard for Roode the second time round? Unless we get some weird situation where Roode then comes out to Ziggler's music to mock him, but no-one wants to see that. This whole things has been awful, and increasingly I just want Ziggler to piss off away from TV for a long time. 

On 04/10/2017 at 10:09 PM, Arch Stanton said:

I'd be well up for Sami Zayn turning heel, he's absolutely failed to make any impact as a babyface on the main roster. I don't think he's anywhere near as likeable as I used to do, certainly nowhere near that Rey Mysterio sort of level, as Supremo alluded to. Hearing him talk on podcasts and the like sort of exposed him as a bit of an annoying neurotic gimp and I think somebody at WWE had the idea to translate that to his on-screen character too. No doubt that was a rib initially, but it could go somewhere.

I'm glad about that. He's never resonated with me much as a face. Partly his music, partly comaprisons to him being tbe next Daniel Bryan waiting to happen, partly him just having a bit of an annoying face.

25 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I'm glad about that. He's never resonated with me much as a face. Partly his music, partly comaprisons to him being tbe next Daniel Bryan waiting to happen, partly him just having a bit of an annoying face.

Music? Pretty much the best face music in the company at the min.

Zayn is pitiful at portraying his character. Maybe some of it is through no fault of his own - as he is clearly frustrated with how he is being booked - but it just seeps and infiltrates every nuance of his on camera appearance. Far from looking jovial or hearty he usually just looks bored, frustrated or plain pissy. He doesn't seem believable. Bryan always did. 

He'll never make it. 

Archived