Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

"Falls Count Anywhere Hell In A Cell Match" is Reverse Battle Royal levels of ridiculous.

I'm actually leaning into the "Sami Zayn is turning heel" camp now, having read a recap of the segment in which Shane tells him to worry about himself, not Shane.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

"Falls Count Anywhere Hell In A Cell Match" is Reverse Battle Royal levels of ridiculous.

Christ alive. Is there even enough space to pin somebody in between the ring and the cage? Madness.

• Paid Members

It'll be outside of the cage after a ridiculous stunt bump from Shane, surely? Couldn't be more transparent that's what they're going for. Even though people have fought outside the cell since the very first match, it's still shitting on the gimmick to say, "Oh, the big fuck-off cage surrounding the ring? Don't worry about that, lads".

• Paid Members

I'd be well up for Sami Zayn turning heel, he's absolutely failed to make any impact as a babyface on the main roster. I don't think he's anywhere near as likeable as I used to do, certainly nowhere near that Rey Mysterio sort of level, as Supremo alluded to. Hearing him talk on podcasts and the like sort of exposed him as a bit of an annoying neurotic gimp and I think somebody at WWE had the idea to translate that to his on-screen character too. No doubt that was a rib initially, but it could go somewhere.

This PPV feels like its been booked wrong. Jinder/Nakamura should be in the Cell after the constant interference from his mates and Owens/McMahon should be a street fight where the cell gets summoned down at some point (fairly believable as Shane is GM). I assume by them calling it a falls count anywhere match they added that it basically meant it was in the Cell but the door is not being locked? Otherwise, stupid, everyone knows theyre getting out anyway.

• Paid Members

No fucking way, TJP vs Rich Swann is more deserving of a Cell match than this horrible Jinder/Nakamura feud. I'm actually glad they're not putting the match inside the Cell just because it's for the title. The cell should be for blowoffs or when a rivalry is particularly personal, so having it used for Shane/Owens and New Day/Usos is a lot more logical than what they usually do at this event.

• Paid Members

The cell gimmick is perfectly logical for Nakamura/Mahal, though, because Jinder keeps winning through interference. In kayfabe, the whole point of sticking a cage over the ring is to stop interference, not to give Shane McMahon a platform to jump from.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Logical maybe but nobody wants to see Nakamura and Jinder in the Cell..

This is true. It might be logical from a creative perspective, but fuck wasting the cell on that. Nobody gives a shit, hopefully it's just a showcase for Nakamura- battering him to take the belt and thus ending Jinder's failed run. It's time to hinder the Jinder.

Although Triple H is out in India on a PR tour as we speak, so maybe not...

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The cell gimmick is perfectly logical for Nakamura/Mahal, though, because Jinder keeps winning through interference. In kayfabe, the whole point of sticking a cage over the ring is to stop interference, not to give Shane McMahon a platform to jump from.

I think they've ruined that by having the Punjabi prison match feature a ton of interference and a run-in finish. Not like there's ever been a cell match where they actually stayed in or people stayed out.

Archived