Smackdown Discussion Thread

And where was Bobby Roode this week?  He has momentum, he needs to be on telly every week.

I'm probably the only fan on the internet who likes the Modern Day Maharajah, but Nakamura is not a good fit as an opponent. Shinsuke needs excellent wrestlers to have good matches, as far as I can see, when it's on him to carry the load he generally doesn't bother.  Mahal needs to face guys like AJ who can make him look good.

I'm assuming Roode is the endgame for this ludicrous Ziggler shtick. But we went from them chanting "Bobby Roode" last week to a pure protest "CM Punk" this week, so they should've struck last week. Nobody needed to see this week's even worse than usual segment, apart from Ziggler, delighted that he finally got to do the HBK cosplay he's been wanting to do his whole career.

I'm not sure how they managed to make the Jinder character more tasteless, but somehow they did. Think that the r-o-a-d to the d-o double g is just a r-a-c-i-s-t. Jinder has fun facial expressions, looks good in a suit and the Singhs have been decent value but otherwise this reign has been absolutely terrible. Hope Nakamura knees his face off at Hell in a Cell

Women's match was great though. Good to see Charlotte back and actually doing something of interest.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Loki said:

I'm probably the only fan on the internet who likes the Modern Day Maharajah, but Nakamura is not a good fit as an opponent. Shinsuke needs excellent wrestlers to have good matches, as far as I can see, when it's on him to carry the load he generally doesn't bother. Mahal needs to face guys like AJ who can make him look good.

I'm a fan too, I think the presentation is brilliant but the writing is just terrible.

• Paid Members

I don't watch the product properly these days, catching only snippets on Youtube or whatever people at work are talking about, but I was all on board for Jinder's win purely because even if it was shit they committed to it and that's something they've been lacking. I'm hoping they do the same with Braun Strowman, who is single-handedly keeping any interest I have in the product. I'd rather see them try and fail than hotshot the title between the likes of Ziggler and Swagger forever.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

No Roode. No Nakamura. 

Seems Vince has already gone cold on Mike and Maria Kanellis.
Sami Zayn was nowhere to be seen. Same for Becky Lynch. 

Bad episode.

Mike Kanellis currently has problems. Sami Zayn being off telly isn't a bad thing though, I'm post-boredom, I'm that bored of him.

I still think WWE should repackage Sami Zayn as a Syirian sympathizer, have a slow build to a backstory of him being in the armed forces only to be captured and then brainwashed, similar to Damian Lewis's character in Homeland, they are both ginger as well, it writes itself, WWE needs to start taking ideas from TV shows again like they did when Russo was writing.