Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Awards Moderator

I'd be 100% behind them throwing unfounded rumours out there for a few weeks then start a PPV with Cult of Personality, only for Ziggler to come out with a skinhead laughing his head off. That'd get him over.

If not, sack him. He's useless and they hate him.

Owens is brilliant.

26 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I can see Shane going over against Owens.

How many times can they keep putting him in these "big" matches for him to keep losing?

Probably forever.

He doesn't need the credibility of a win. His whole story is that of a plucky, if slightly ruddy-faced (and implausibly tough), middle aged gentleman who will give everything and his arse just to fight for what he thinks is right. He'll probably fall on his sword in the end, usually off something tall (which is what the sell is really anyway, wins or losses be damned), and then be back in a few months to do the same thing again.

Having him beat someone doesn't do anyone any favours. Least of all him, as it likely means a rematch (a feud can't end with a non-wrestler claiming the heat, can it?) and he'll have to fall on an even bigger sword from something even taller. And, as much as I might hate his chipmunk cheeks and hi-top trainers, I still don't want the poor sap to die in a converted basketball arena, without so much as PPV points to leave behind.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I get that, I just think they might want to give him a win against someone, and Kevin Owens is probably a good shout to be that someone.

I can see Shane winning the match, and Owens going mental afterwards and destroying him writing him off TV for a while, although like you say it probably leads to a rematch further down the line that nobody needs to see.

Happily eating words about Smackdown being the shit brand. So much for off season, eh? Both upcoming single brand PPVs have huge, fun points of interest. 

And Vince. Every time you want to be repulsed by what he might be in real life he authorises himself to take a whack like this. It's like some karmic balancing act that must play out till he dies.

I love the man. 

On 9/6/2017 at 8:50 PM, wooly said:

Nakamura will beat Jinder for the title at HITC but not in the cell.

And i said this on aug 30th (on here or somewhere else don't remember) HITC match will end up being KO and Shane O Mac the heat between them is there for a HITC match and KO can take bumps and Shane O Mac loves doing bumps. i reckon it will be announced next week. just a thought and a opion.

So at HITC it will be Shane o'mac and KO in the HITC Match. It's a better fit than Nakamura and Jinder. IMO.