Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Awards Moderator

Kevin Owens looks a million dollars, while Mahal looks like Virgil. What a second string he is at the moment.

Mahal's segments appear to be taking place in a vacuum since being champ. Are they editing the show differently for Indian TV like they did with Khali?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Kevin Owens looks a million dollars, while Mahal looks like Virgil. What a second string he is at the moment.

Mahal's segments appear to be taking place in a vacuum since being champ. Are they editing the show differently for Indian TV like they did with Khali?

The most baffling Mahal thing was before his PPV match with Nakamura - they played this big epic video hyping him up as a hero for the Indian people, and just played the whole thing straight as if he were a top babyface, not a delusional heel. It's like they accidentally played us the Hindi broadcast instead of the American one.

I'm not sure about editing the show, but the Hindi announcers apparently talk up Mahal as the babyface - their reactions to him winning the belt and, even better, to Great Khali showing up at the Punjabi Prison match, are incredible. Apparently in the Punjabi Prison match, the commentary was trying to tell the story of how Randy Orton was a ruthless, evil American who would do anything he could to take the title from Jinder Mahal, hero of India.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that as Jinder wasn't actually born in India that the Indian fans don't actually really care about him, and only like guys who are actually from India. Vince is still the fucking best. He can get a wrestler over in one night more than Triple H & Stephanie can in six months. What an old nutter. Just to prove how good Vince is, Stephanie turned up briefly at the end and was completely ridiculous and rubbish. That headbutt was just insane though. If they are booking Owens like this they should put the title on him.

• Paid Members

Great closing segment. I love the idea that Vince wanted to be busted open the hard way. The closing segment and Usos vs New Day were the highlights. That tag street fight was awesome. AJ vs Tye was really good too.

I'm sure that besides the lame jokes about Nakamura which I picked up, Jinder cut the same promo. I zoned out completely. Bad wrestlers can usually get by if they're good on the mic. He is awful at everything though. It's the same boring shit every week. Like I said before, the Jinder experiment really needs to end. 

Brilliant Smackdown last night! Vince getting busted hardway is just so him, the mad bastard. 

Matches were solid across the board with the tag title match being the stand-out. I also want to mention how much I loved all the little awkward interactions between Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin, like Gable getting in the way during the entrance and the communication issues leading into the finish. Great storytelling.

• Paid Members

That was a great episode this week. Incredibly easy to watch. As others have said, the tag title match and the closing angle were the stand out points. Also Vince is a fucking nutter and I love him. He's going to live to be 137. Even then he'll probably still be writing Raw for every Monday. 

Dolph Ziggler is a whiny bastard, and I guess that's the point so that the pop Roode gets when he nuts him is even bigger.

Archived