Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

We watched JR in the Mae Young Tournament episodes and he's embarrassingly bad. That Kairi Sane pirate girl comes out with all her bells and whistles and Jim goes with no enthusiasm or meaning "she likes boats".

Crap. He's so crap.

Whoever previously posted quoting what he said ('she yachtsman')- that killed me when I heard it whilst watching for the first time. He just babbles on like an idiot. Honestly didn't think Lita was that bad, so that's something.

King actually started to get back to his good old self during his last run on Smackdown, started heeling it up for the first time since he turned face against RTC I think. I'd much rather have him over JBL burying half of the roster one minute and then over-excitedly loving everything the next minute.

Renee Young said on Twitter that she thought she was awful commentating on NXT so doubt it will be her anyway. I'd be happy enough with heeling it up King back, always thought Mauro was shite and way overhyped. Foley  was very decent when he had his run, but he can't seem to string a coherent sentence together these days unfortunately.

• Paid Members

He is, but he had a tryout as an announcer years ago & Vince vetoed him because of the blading scars, allegedly.

He's got a shaved head at the moment too, so they're more pronounced.

Don't think he fits the 'look' requirement, which is a shame as he is a good announcer/talker. (I've had an idea in my head where he becomes The Revival's "Heenan" to add to their old school feel).

• Paid Members

Enjoying the progression of Shane and KO. Took it to another level this week. Be interesting to see Vince back.

Next week's Smackdown is looking huge with that and all the title matches. Did a great job building it.

No fucking idea what the Dolph Ziggler stuff is supposed to be. Mocking the entrances of Cena, Savage and Naomi, for what? For him to cut the same pound shop CM Punk promo?

The RKO into the armbar was absolutely beautiful.

• Awards Moderator

Agree with all of that Rick, it was a good show. Can't beat an episode-long storyline for keeping you interested. And I really bought into KO and Shane hating each other. Bryan played his part well.

What a difference Nakamura makes with is reaction. Bursting into tears and gasping in shock that he has another shot at the title. Great stuff.