Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
19 hours ago, PSF said:

Is Taz available???? Because I hope he isn't.

How about Christian though? He's still got a contact hasn't he? He seems like someone that could be good in that sort of role.

Fuck sake. Posted by accident.

It's a different job than it looks though isn't it? Foley should've been a natural at it but he couldn't deal with being yelled at in the headset. I could see Christian struggling in the same way.

Happy with JBL leaving. I have no idea what happened to him, he was one of my favourite commentators around in 2006/2007, but his 2012-present run has been god awful.

Chance of Mauro returning to the blue brand now? Wouldn't hate Lawler coming back on the mic either, he stepped up his game working with Mauro early last year on Smackdown. As long as it's not JR. I've never heard anyone's skill level in commentating go down anywhere near as much as JR. People give him a pass because of his wife unfortunately passing away this year, but he was bad well before then. That trademark passion has completely gone away, he doesn't seem to give a single fuck anymore.

• Paid Members

We watched JR in the Mae Young Tournament episodes and he's embarrassingly bad. That Kairi Sane pirate girl comes out with all her bells and whistles and Jim goes with no enthusiasm or meaning "she likes boats".

Crap. He's so crap.

• Paid Members

JR is crap these days. But equally, he's 65. He's getting on a bit and quite frankly, he's just calling matches in a vacuum, theres no rapport with who he is watching. I see it similar to Vince - he used to be amazing everytime he was on air, but he's in his seventies now. Cant expect them to be a good as when they were in their prime.

They could get one of the podcast lads in. I think Sam Roberts has done some commentary... Colt Cabana? I know they've had trouble but surely he'd be gettable for a colour commentary role. That said, it'll be Booker T I'm sure.

• Paid Members

Hopefully it'll be The King. He's still the best option they have for the colour role out of anyone they have used that currently still work there. They could try somebody totally fresh as well though, someone that is on the shelf, or not doing much on the main roster currently. It obviously won't be hin this time, but I reckon Big Show would make a great colour guy when he decides to retire. 

I just hope it's not Nigel McGuinness. He's dreadful, and I have no idea where people get the idea out of that he's somehow pretty good. 

imagine Nigel accidentally calling Smackdown Ring Of Honor like he did on NXT after Aleister Black's debut, Vince would scream at him so loud through the headset it would be audible on TV

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, AVM said:

They could get one of the podcast lads in. I think Sam Roberts has done some commentary... Colt Cabana? I know they've had trouble but surely he'd be gettable for a colour commentary role. That said, it'll be Booker T I'm sure.

Colt Cabana isn't great on colour commentary on recent ROH TV. Okay at best.

Archived