Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

I'm confused about the debut of Roode. Him as a face going up against English, Maria's Husband with Ziggles in the pipeline isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Guess either he works better in-ring-wise as a face (I can believe that, but the glorious character is pure heel all day) or because they thought the whole shtick would be so over he wouldn't get boos. But it's just made him feel on Tye Dillinger's level. I was hoping they'd debut him Owens-style against Cena but that's off the cards.

I can see the thought being that the music is so over that he's going to get cheered from the beginning, so they bring him in opposing heels, before have him turn heel on someone like AJ, Nakamura or Orton around the time of the Rumble, when he's more likely to get some boos than he is right now as he won't be just as fresh at that point. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smackdown rapidly becoming the Doghouse show.

Corbin, Rusev, Zayn and the Kanellises may as well be walking around with placards reading 'future endeavours' around their necks.

Is this the show where Vince just sends everyone he'd like to give a good kicking for almost sneezing in front of him?

16 hours ago, sj5522 said:

or because they thought the whole shtick would be so over he wouldn't get boos.

But unfortunately they can't have the old cake and eat it. They have conditioned the audience the think that faces and heels no longer exist and it's all shades of Grey, so now they have zero clue how to introduce or get somebody over. When they play the "some boo, some cheer but either way WHAT A REACTION" card they can't turn around and moan that somebody isn't getting the desired response.

18 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I can see the thought being that the music is so over that he's going to get cheered from the beginning, so they bring him in opposing heels, before have him turn heel on someone like AJ, Nakamura or Orton around the time of the Rumble, when he's more likely to get some boos than he is right now as he won't be just as fresh at that point. 

probably, and hopefully he stays over enough to hang with those guys at Rumble sort of time. worrying thing was the dead reaction this week, if people are hardly even singing the song there's a problem. to botch main roster Bobby Roode on week 2 would be one of their best/shittest achievements in a while

JBL  has left the WWE smackdown announce team (to spend more time with his organization) and is being replaced by TJ Perkins as of next smackdown. Me personally ill miss him had good wit and was worth listening to. We shall see what TJ has to offer.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wooly said:

JBL  has left the WWE smackdown announce team (to spend more time with his organization) and is being replaced by TJ Perkins as of next smackdown. Me personally ill miss him had good wit and was worth listening to. We shall see what TJ has to offer.

Cheers Rajah.

His casual mentions of English football or rugby for no reason whatsoever are all I'll miss. If Jess Ventura is Pele and and Bobby Heenan i Maradona, JBL is Ali Dia.

I can't see any mention of TJP being his replacement either

I would assume they will just stick the King back behind the desk for the time being or maybe now is the time to try Renne Young behind the desk, tho she is maybe better suited to the commentator role rather then as the Colour Commentator.

• Paid Members

The ever Charismatic TJP? It could be a good idea to get Jerry back behind the desk.IS there nobody they could call up from NXT to call the stuff?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wooly said:

and is being replaced by TJ Perkins as of next smackdown.

Source? You've literally just seen two people (not reporters, just regular people) say this on Twitter and have believed it, haven't you?

Archived