Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He basically did an Undertaker in his promo and said he'll appear where he wants, when he can. 

I guess it'll be up to them on a month to month basis. Raw seems to have its Summerslam line up well organised now.

• Paid Members

He also specifically said in his promo that as he approaches the end of his career, he doesn't want to be confined to one show and wants to get out there as much as possible before he bows out. Hopefully something like The Rock during the summer of 2002, who would have a cracking bout with Eddie on Raw and then show up on Smackdown to wrestle somebody else.

• Paid Members

This week's show was pretty good by recent standards.

Punjabi Prison was a spectacle with Randy Orton cutting a better promo than usual, there were 3 decent matches in Jimmy Uso vs Kofi Kingston, Charlotte vs Becky, and the Styles & Nakamura vs Owens & Corbin main event, plus the Fashion X-Files was hilarious. 

Chad Gable addressed the Jason Jordan storyline too, though I don't remember much of that interview. 

On 19/07/2017 at 10:28 PM, PunkStep said:

He also specifically said in his promo that as he approaches the end of his career, he doesn't want to be confined to one show and wants to get out there as much as possible before he bows out. Hopefully something like The Rock during the summer of 2002, who would have a cracking bout with Eddie on Raw and then show up on Smackdown to wrestle somebody else.

The Rock's situation was a little different, he was the Undisputed Champion at the time. He was officially the top draft pick for Smackdown that year.

Smackdown was great. Really fun show, I thought.

The return of Jericho segment, and Jinders segment, were both fun.

The fans didn't give a tiny fuck about the Nakamura announcement but I'm practically throbbing at the thought of that main event next week. No better test, either, of whether Nakamura is shit on the main roster. If you're having a bad match with Cena, you're not all that.

Aiden English must know there's no getting out from under his gimmick. And, Jesus Christ, Mike Kanellis... what the shit?

• Paid Members

Much better Smackdown than we've seen the past couple of months. Jericho return was a surprise and that was a great main event. Doesn't matter if Cena or Nakamura face Jinder at Summerslam, I can't watch another Jinder match. He's just awful at everything he does. At least Nakamura and Corbin put on a better match than their Battleground one. No Fashion Files this week after it has been announced the past couple of days. 

Archived