Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I heard Alvarez saying on WOR that WWE are going to India in September. Jinder could well still be champ coming out the other side of that tour. 

I've said before I'd like a network special from India 

They love their babyfaces there 9 times out of 10 don't they? It would be brilliant to see Roman Reigns come out to a Stone Cold pop 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I heard Alvarez saying on WOR that WWE are going to India in September. Jinder could well still be champ coming out the other side of that tour. 

If they're going to India in September then we now know when he's dropping the title, if they continue their favoured tradition of 'fucking the hometown hero'.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Killjoy_Gee said:

Well, if the above is true - it'll be interesting to see MITB; that's in Orton's hometown isn't it

Yeah, but it goes without saying that he's losing the rematch there. I can't see them throwing the belt back on him so soon.

• Paid Members
On 5/25/2017 at 11:57 AM, PunkStep said:

If they're going to India in September then we now know when he's dropping the title, if they continue their favoured tradition of 'fucking the hometown hero'.

People will go bananas if he loses the title there. Babies thrown in the air, people dying in the aisle-way. A total riot.

Man these Nakamura talking segments arn't working are they. It's not good this, i was led to believe he was actually decent with his English but whether it's nerves or he's trying to hard or what i don't know but i'm not exaggerating when i say i understood about 3 words he said. I actually said aloud "oh god" when the crowd sort of almost laughed and Owens even looked at him like "come again mate". I found myself really rooting for Zayn throughout that whole segment and match.

I absolutely love this version of the Usos. They look like a right couple of nasty bastard.

15 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Man these Nakamura talking segments arn't working are they. It's not good this, i was led to believe he was actually decent with his English but whether it's nerves or he's trying to hard or what i don't know but i'm not exaggerating when i say i understood about 3 words he said. I actually said aloud "oh god" when the crowd sort of almost laughed and Owens even looked at him like "come again mate".

Nakamura has always seemed to struggle with his promos. It was the same in NXT and will be no different on Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Apparently even in Japanese his delivery was a little odd - presumably part of the whole character - trying to keep up that mystique in a second language can't be easy.

It's a shame, because he actually had one of my favourite promo moments in NXT. When he challenged Finn Balor, and said that before he could become champion, he had to beat the icon, the delivery was great. Most wrestlers would have raised their voice, and got up in Finn's face to make a point of it, but Nakamura sounded sad about it, almost sheepish. It wasn't that he wanted to beat Finn, it's that he needed to, and he knew he was going to.

Archived