Smackdown Discussion Thread

Talking Smack well worth the watch this week, despite Bradshaw being a loudmouth little shit. 

Breeze and Dango are so brilliant together, thank god they're finally getting pushed. 

Corbin's sudden beat down of Zayn was excellent. Should be a great match 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up for Corbin vs. Zayn. Of course, when Zayn loses he'll be "getting buried", but I e no doubt he'll make Corbin look good. That's not to say that Corbin doesn't look good normally, he's improving all the time, but Zayns been around long enough he knows how bring a guy up another notch. I think that'll be what Zayn's main role will be, a strong midcarder who can make the guys on their way to the top look like threats to the title holder

• Paid Members

Can they change their name to the Fashion Police now? Breezango is both shit and lazy, and there have been far too many team names of this ilk over the years, Fashion Police is a MUCH better name!

Smackdown landscape is very odd at the moment - we have two number one contenders who have been jobbing for months.

I'm seriously excited by 'Sexy Cops' getting an opportunity. I don't for one second think they'll win, but I'd love to see them get more time. One of my favourite acts and I genuinely feel they personify 'Making the most out of every second'

I'm all aboard the Jinder train too... Tiding time until Handsome Rusev conquers Smackdown but much better than this hokey Wyatt shite

1 hour ago, Cat crater said:

Jinder looks brilliant in a suit.

He looks ok in a suit, like most in WWE seem to do. Even if he did look brilliant though, it is a pity he is terrible when he speaks or has to actually wrestle, and no one takes him (or the Singh brothers) seriously in the position he has been placed.

Smackdown (like Raw) is a right state at the moment though with jobbers/losers in the title matches on the next PPV and in the main events. Like a few have said in the Raw thread, there are just no stars at the moment and no one feels or looks like a main eventer. Sadly, I can see them messing up Nakamura as well.

I would be enjoying this Jinder stuff, cos it's fresh and I liked him just deciding to nick off with the title but this whole 'U-S-A U-S-A you hate me cos I'm different *talks in foreign*' stuff is bringing back bitter memories of Muhammad Hassan. 

Seems its destined to be a more PC (good) version of that, which doesn't get nearly as much heat (bad) and it makes me a bit uncomfortable. 

Maybe it's cos KO has already just started doing the face of America stuff and this just feels like patriotic overkill but I'm not feeling this on the whole. With Rusev on the brand as well they might as well just make Trump the GM

• Paid Members

Sami has done some senseless jobs this past year but laying down for Jinder Juice might just take the biscuit.

Main Event and post match angle to write Jericho out were good. They've done a good job of surprising us with the US Title lately with Jericho's absence making things look obvious.

Hogan sighting in that Fashion Police skit as "Fashion victim". Boss Man too. No odea what euther of them said at all but their little crime wall with Vinny Mac's mugshot and John Cena as a missing person was amusing.

Archived