Smackdown Discussion Thread

Smackdown Discussion Thread

1017076_200810266739086_1867862552_n.png

I thought seeing as we had a Raw discussion thread, we might as well have a Smackdown one. I know its treated as a B show and some matches are repeated on Raw the following Monday. But we have had some good episodes and some gems of matches like Ryback vs Daniel Bryan.

As far as this week's Smackdown went, it was quite enjoyable. I liked the match between Orton vs RVD and I couldn't help but remember when Orton punted RVD out of the WWE with that concussion angle. It does seem that WWE has and probably no-one is bothered.

Speaking of angles WWE have forgotten about, how Kofi was taken out by Ryback but is now fueding with Fandango. I would have thought they would have gone with the Ryback fued as it would have been logical.

I liked Brock's promo that he was reading off the autocue. Also the new briefcase with Sandow looks good and I doubt he will be cashing in soon, as they have gone to the trouble of making him a special briefcase.

Even though the Christian vs Del Rio match was good, it seems the creative department don't know how to book this one. We have two matches between them already and I still don't believe Christian will win nor should he.

Edited by Ric Flair's Divorce Lawyer

Even though the Christian vs Del Rio match was good, it seems the creative department don't know how to book this one. We have two matches between them already and I still don't believe Christian will win nor should he.

As solid as Christian has been since his return from injury, there's still no reason for me to get behind him. The lack of character development and promo time doesn't make him seem like a threat at all so I can't buy into him as a credible challenger. Gotta give Del Rio his due though. I've not really cared for his character in the past but he's been great since his heel turn a couple of months ago and finally has some fire in him.

I couldn't help but remember when Orton punted RVD out of the WWE with that concussion angle. It does seem that WWE has and probably no-one is bothered.

Rob Van Dam's made two one off appearances since then though, so they can't say the reason he's been gone for 6 years is because of Randy Orton, because he was back 6 months later. Would be no harm in mentioning it, but making a big deal of it would be pointless.

I enjoyed Smack Down for the most part this week. Orton Vs RVD was very good. I really liked the Orton backbreaker spot in the corner.

Barrett Vs Bryan was decent for the time it had tho you can't help but feel it'll be repeated again on Raw this week and be longer.

Christian Vs Del Rio was a reall enjoyable match I thought. I can't see them having this match again at SummerSlam mind. I reckon they'll add RVD on Raw this week and possibly even Orton and make it a four way but I can see Van Dam at the very least making the cut. It'd be pointless to Have Del Rio and Christian scrap again so soon after this. Saying that I know a whole lot of people don't watch SD so they may just assume that the majority haven't seen it.

That's where the problem really lies with SD, as good as several of the matches were it felt like there was far too much filler. Miz TV was awful, no change there, Fandango Vs Kingston was again another match that had already been done on Raw and there were far too many Raw Recap segments.

As I've said tho, there were some good matches so it was hardly a complete waste of time.

RVD vs Orton was good. On the right night and with the right opponent, a Rob Van Dam match is a highlight. Enjoyed the ending.

Kofi feuding with Fandango rather than Ryback doesn't make any sense to me either. I thought maybe it was because they want to protect both Kofi and Ryback so couldn't have one lose, but here's Kofi losing in his second match back anyway. If he's a loser, might as well keep continuity and have him face Ryback. The commentators even keep talking about it being Ryback that injured him. Those few weeks where Kofi was a big noise started from him standing up for himself against an angry main eventer. They could've resparked that. Oh well. Good match though, probably the best push into ringpost I've ever seen.

I liked Brock's video as well. He's too much of a marble-mouthed div to give a live mic on Raw, and he's got Heyman covering that, so doing his promo this way made sense.

Hated that Christian vs Del Rio, a match on pay-per-view next weekend, was held on Smackdown this weekend. Just represents everything that's wrong with WWE's writing and planning. That match can fuck off. I'm barely interested in it next week, so I didn't further sap my interest in it by watching it this week. The sooner Sandow cashes in his lovely brown case on one of these bores, the better.

Edited by King Pitcos

I'm hoping Sandow/Rhodes is the Jericho/HBK of 2013, and that Del Rio gets the CM Punk treatment.

They're doing such a good job right now and, with the good booking they've had, they look proper big time; and I couldn't give a hot toss about anything else that's happening within a mile of the World Title.

I'm hoping Sandow/Rhodes is the Jericho/HBK of 2013, and that Del Rio gets the CM Punk treatment.

They're doing such a good job right now and, with the good booking they've had, they look proper big time; and I couldn't give a hot toss about anything else that's happening within a mile of the World Title.

Rhodes is not getting over as a babyface...yet. He was really over at MITB and no-one's cared since. Any reservations they had about giving the briefcase to Sandow will be long gone. It's a bit of shame, he's decent enough, his promos just don't have "it". He doesn't live them. I hope he can get over though, he was a heel for ages and was really treading water. I hope they let him run with a while longer.

I must say the first year Sandow was in the Money in the Bank match I was really hoping he'd win it as I loved his character and now this year with the added Rhodes feud caused due to them falling out over the match and how his character has had development from then I must say I am so much more happier they waited.

When Sandow revealed his new briefcase I loved it, it suits him so much more than the tacky plastic looking one they all have. I was surprised he hadn't actually brought up how it looks cheap before Cody threw it in the sea, if he'd done it earlier without any other reason than it looks tacky then it would have really made him look like a pompous stuck up snob. Love his new briefcase though, so classy and scholar like. I just hope he gets the job done when he does cash in but I'm hoping his cash in will be the long wait one, the one we usually get months and months after Money in the Bank so it feels more of a shock. Right now I think he has his hands full with Cody and any time he tries to cash in Cody will be there to mess it up for him.

I thought the Bray Wyatt promo was terrible for some reason. Something just seemed off. Kofi going back to midcard nothingness just shows that they'll never do anything with him. RVD's return has been shit as well. They really need to get Alberto/Ziggler/Christian away from the world title. They're crap and boring midcarders. Cody will get over as a face eventually and I can't wait till him and Sandow are tugging on the belt.

One thing I forgot to mention, there was some absolute CUNT in the crowd that was showing up on the hardcam. Blowing a fucking whistle, starting a USA! chant during Kofi/Fandango, encouraging the pathetic JBL chants, killing the RVD chants by chanting 'Rob Van Dam' and confusing things, randomly standing up and waving and looking like a tit. Sit down and shut up you stupid fucking cunt.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

One thing I forgot to mention, there was some absolute CUNT in the crowd that was showing up on the hardcam. Blowing a fucking whistle, starting a USA! chant during Kofi/Fandango, encouraging the pathetic JBL chants, killing the RVD chants by chanting 'Rob Van Dam' and confusing things, randomly standing up and waving and looking like a tit. Sit down and shut up you stupid fucking cunt.

Wasn't the USA chant during Christian vs Del Rio? Which actually makes less sense, given both men's hometowns.

This week's main event was bloody great. I'm confused though (re: summerslam). They can't do the obvious thing, which is Bryan winning. They shouldn't do the alternative (Cena winning), because he'll be gone for a while and they shouldn't give away the title change for free. And the swerve, which would be Orton cashing in, has been teased for weeks, so it's too obvious. Do 3 obvious's make a "not sure"?