Your Favourite Meme

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Does mid-90's Panini threadshitting count as an example of a UKFF-specific meme? I love that. Nothing says 'shit thread, mate' like a smiling Mick Stockwell.

I think so! His_Airness should be proud of his creation. It showed Astro's strong knowledge of mid-90s footballers as well.

• Moderators

Can we just get some shit straight here?

The word "meme" does not mean "a picture with some writing on it". Yeah? It does not describe a singluar picture. It is, at a high level, the concept of an idea being spread in imitation, with variation (obviously it doesn't even need to even be a picture at all).

The people of this thread are so far not as guilty of this as the rest of the internet, but this shit needs saying.

The really great memes are the ones that just keep on going, such as

t2_sticker-trollface.jpg

which appears everywhere in subtle variations and is now essentially mainstream.

I've also still got a soft spot for lolcats, as they're something my wife loves and I enjoy finding good ones for her. The recent catbomb variation was particularly good.

And, hey, 6 or 7 years ago there was nothing more likely to get an angry response from an internet forum than a well positioned use of

1cd07b1cf223ac0aa557b475cce62db2.png

Some guy had the mods over on The Wrestling Channel absolutely foaming with those.

• Paid Members

Would Zalgo qualify as a meme? It has everything that appeals to me, and for a while it seemed to crop up everwhere.

Also, the correctly done Keyboard Cat videos were perfect - those are the ones that show a couple of pre-playing shots of the cat, during the video, before he starts his performance.

EDIT - What am I saying? Millard's Beachside Journal just reminded me, it's *Kenneth Williams Face*

Archived