UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

This things are always a testament to pat's poor taste. Any money he had Knots Landing as well.

Sorry to disappoint, but I didnt include Highway or Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman either :thumbsup:

I'm gutted to have remembered a few things whilst it's been counting down, that would have probably made my list, but no one would have voted for anyway.

Anzacs- Fantastic mini series about the Anzacs in World War One, starring Paul Hogan amongst others. Here's a taster from Episode 3 Well worth seeking out. Most, if not all is on youtube.

The Heroes- Another Aussie Mini series about Operation Jaywick to destroy Japanese boats in Singapore Harbour. It's in bits and pieces but is all on youtube. Here's Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFjTxbS_Jc

The Heroes II- Following on from the success of Jaywick, Operation Rimau was attempted. This mini series differs slightly from the first because of what happen's to the crew and why. It's also on youtube from the same account as above.

Due South- Diefenbaker! Ray! Leslie Nielsen! Great writing, loved it to bits. Here's a horse chasing a car!

Wrong on one of those. Made my top 10 :)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
This things are always a testament to pat's poor taste. Any money he had Knots Landing as well.

Sorry to disappoint, but I didnt include Highway or Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman either :thumbsup:

Well, why would you include a religious magazine programme helmed by Harry Secombe in a top 50 dramas?

• Paid Members

Well, why would you include a religious magazine programme helmed by Harry Secombe in a top 50 dramas?

He's on first name terms with the Michael Landon show.

Never actually knew it was called Highway to Heaven :duh:.

I take it he voted for "Little House" too then.

Lost in Space was better on Channel 4 on a Sunday. No, I didnt vote for "Little House" either. You guys got some kind of betting thing going? Who's up or down the most?

• Paid Members

37)

"Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"

ht_friday_night_lights_jef_121012_wblog.jpg

Friday Night Lights

Voted number one? No.

What's it about?

From the director of Welcome to The Jungle starring The Rock and Stifler, comes this sports drama based on a high school football team in Texas. The show has never received high ratings but has managed to stay alive based on critical acclaim. Lead actor Kyle Chandler won a Emmy for his performance in 2011. This is the second appearance on this list for Connie Britton, who received Emmy nominations for her work in this show and also American Horror Story. Though I will always remember her as Nikki from Spin City.

What do you say?

"A real gem. Don't let the fact it's classed as a teen show put you off. 5 seasons of quality tele with 1 or 2 stupid storylines. The strongest part of this is the characters without doubt. The pilot is great so well worth take a go on it."

"Real people, real problems, real drama. Things don't seem overly exaggerated in this show. It takes simple real life issues that most of us will have experienced in some form and makes a properly compelling drama out of them."

Clips!

Matt Saracen in "The Son"

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I've only ever heard great things about Friday Night Lights. It's one of the ones I've been intending to watch for ages, having it series linked for the longest time...and there's some still on there but i'm certain loads have been deleted because my planner is full with other stuff in a similar position. I'd hoped to marathon a load one day but i'm blatantly going to have to box-set it now. Didn't realise there's five fucking seasons I've got to work through. I've been contemplating abandoning a social life in the winter months to get some money put away for a project. I might have to spend my weekend evenings watching a whole shitload of box-sets.

• Paid Members

I had this at number 4.

What a show. It got put on ITV4 for some wild reason back in 2007 but it finally got a it's rightful exposure on Sky Atlantic last year. Character and setting wise it's just top quality. It's mainly about teen life in a small Texas town and battling with what's to come for them in the future but just done in such a charming way not without it's gritty moments though.

Do not be put off by the fact it's labeled a teen or sports show. A top quality drama lives in DILLON,TEXAS YALL!

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Just wondering - can we see how many votes each show got compared to how many entries were received in order to judge just how popular they are? Only 1 of mine has shown up so far so I'm wondering exactly how 'obvious' (or not) my choices were.

Edit: I lied, 2 of my choices have come up unless you're doing AHS as 2 separate entries.

Edited by Monkee

• Moderators
Just wondering - can we see how many votes each show got compared to how many entries were received in order to judge just how popular they are? Only 1 of mine has shown up so far so I'm wondering exactly how 'obvious' (or not) my choices were.

Edit: I lied, 2 of my choices have come up unless you're doing AHS as 2 separate entries.

I voted for AHS too.

Friday Night Lights is something I'm sure I'll never watch. I've heard a ton of amazing praise about it from people whose opinions I really trust, but it's about college football, which I hate, so it's never going to happen. I have branched out a little from my TV Hates lately, as I used to avoid all spy stuff, but really enjoyed The Americans, but sports? No. It took me forever to get around to the Wire because I hate cop shows, but I was pleased to be wrong there.