Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
:omg: That. Is. Amazing.

How much did they cost? *checking bank balance*

They were between

• Moderators
Talking Heads

Talking Heads was one of mine. For shame

Talking Heads- Mesmerising Monologues especially Thora Hird's Cream Cracker Under The Settee and Maggie Smith's Bed Amongst The Lentils. Utterly wonderful TV.

Talking Heads? FUCKING HELL. They were SO unbelievably boring. I remember my Mum watching them while doing the ironing and feeling like I was going to die. Awful. Just awful. Maybe now I'd appreciate it, but as an 8 year old it was torture, pure torture.

• Paid Members
Talking Heads

Talking Heads was one of mine. For shame

Talking Heads- Mesmerising Monologues especially Thora Hird's Cream Cracker Under The Settee and Maggie Smith's Bed Amongst The Lentils. Utterly wonderful TV.

Talking Heads? FUCKING HELL. They were SO unbelievably boring. I remember my Mum watching them while doing the ironing and feeling like I was going to die. Awful. Just awful. Maybe now I'd appreciate it, but as an 8 year old it was torture, pure torture.

Cream Cracker under the Settee was part of my GCSE English course *shudder*. Although at the time I thought it was original and really well acted, but so so bleak.

• Moderators

cast1991bw.jpg

The Wire of its day.

a-country-practice-series-7-part-2.jpg

"I'm just a gangster, I suppose. And I want my corners."

Look at that fucking thing. Series 7. Part 2. 11 discs. What the fuck, Australian 'culture'? It's like they only saw their first film five years ago.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Gutted Homicide didn't make the list. Really under-appreciated series, that. Better than NYPD Blue IMO. Both those shows were hugely critically acclaimed at the time, but perhaps the last 10 years have made them look a bit old fashioned.