UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I love Neighbours. I Sky+ it every day so I can watch it when I get home. Going on holidays is the best because I have lots of episodes to catch up on. I do have a slight obsession with Dr Karl too. Got tickets to see him in panto at Christmas :love:

Also, re: The Walking Dead... I had to quickly scroll past that entry because of the picture. I'm terrified of zombies and can't even look at pictures of them. I feel a bit funny just having glanced at that picture. There's no way I could even contemplate watching it.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Walking Dead would make my worst ever list. It's truly appalling, the complete opposite of how to make exciting television, and how to tell a decent story. And it's not that it's a bad adaptation either, as the comics are also shit, trying so, so hard to be shocking with all the rapes and dismemberment. Ooh, you're hard.

I didn't nominate anything for this but anyone who says Neighbours is shit is whole worlds of wrong. Its not they're fault of course, for some people entertainment is too complicated, but it has had some brilliant tenures.

• Paid Members

I do enjoy The Walking Dead's strict "only one black man is allowed on the show at once" rule.

Season 2 of Walking Dead is beyond awful. Season 3 starts off great but quickly goes to shit once it's clear the writers have no idea what they are doing. The endless walks back and forth between the town and the prison...the whole Governer/Michonne storyline...the ending. Fucking hell it was bad.

However Astro I will highly recommend the episode 'Clear'. It's actually an amazing piece of television, I don't even know where it came from. It made me wonder how such a useless bunch of writers came up with something so good.

Edited by LaGoosh

Walking Dead ran really high on my list and the quote used was mine. It is the only show at the moment which keeps me coming back to see what happens to each character and I think the pace balance of the seasons are spot on. The closing episodes of the second series where SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Sophia comes out of the barn and you find out everyone is a zombie and you are all scewed

just goes against the generic feeling of hope and 'we can get through this if we can pull together. It says, balls out, you are fucked, plain and simple. Now deal with it! I like that.

Talking Heads

Talking Heads was one of mine. For shame

Talking Heads- Mesmerising Monologues especially Thora Hird's Cream Cracker Under The Settee and Maggie Smith's Bed Amongst The Lentils. Utterly wonderful TV.

• Paid Members
I like Blue Bloods, it has Tom Selleck in it.

I wanted to like it, purely on that basis (and Donnie), but it just wasn't that interesting. Shame, a series about Selleck as chief of the NYPD or whatever he was, should be brilliant.

Blue Bloods is handy enough viewing,was expecting it to be much better after the initial Sky Atlantic hype though.Only thing that irks me are the family dinners and Wahlberg's annoying wife and little kids.

Plus Bridget Moynahan looks well in her lawyer outfits.

• Paid Members

20130813_182713.jpg

As it happens these arrived in the post yesterday. 19 Discs of classic Neighbours action. That's 176 episodes.