The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

No spoiler issues surely?

If we stick to discussing the show just gone then everyone is happy. From Tuesday through Monday you come in to discuss the show just past, then once the next Raw has aired you stay out until you've seen it.

Anyone with spoilers for anything yet to air can fuck off, but it's no different to the TNA Impact thread, providing we stick to TV pace.

• Moderators

Another reason is I'm thinking of a couple of weeks ago where people were discussing the last weeks raw in one topic while discussing that weeks in another at the same time. In the same thread that could get messy. Only about 3 people on here care enough to talk about impact now so it wouldn't be that confusing there, quite a fair few more do about Raw.

But I'll leave it run for the now.

I don't think they're supposed to get any particular 'point'.

They both represent completely polar opposite views on pro-wrestling, in a way it's a take on old-school vs. new school; with a 'rasslin guy who believes in travelling and sleeping in small cars, wrestling in gyms and prioritising skills over look vs. a guy who believes in the machine, where you work your way through the WWE and ultimately attain success.

I like that they both presented their take as a virtue. Just two, honest guys fighting from different perspectives for one title. If anything, the title represents a victory for their beliefs in this feud.

It's ace.

In a strange way it kind of reminds me exactly of Rocky. Plucky good intentioned underdog, who spent years 'fighting' for peanuts in front of 30 people with his only goal being to win the title vs the physically gifted machine of a man, long been the biggest star of the sport who is set for life but at the heart of it is a good guy.

Either way, I'm really into this feud. With this and the Lesnar/Punk/Heyman stuff, Summerslam should be excellent.

• Paid Members

I hated the Cena promo. I hate these storylines where they dont know whether to go all insider or stay onside. Cena's bit about wrestling anywhere but WWE was sickening to listen to as well. Who's feeding him that shite? "Disrespected to wrestle anywhere but WWE" was cringe worthy.

I thought it was cringe worthy, too.

But, then, I think his pious, loyal 'company man' schtick was cringe worthy to me, as well. His whole spiel made me think 'THAT'S EASY FOR YOU TO SAY MONEY BAGS!'

But, I think that's kind of the point of the story. I'm sure there were a bunch of people that thought Bryans devotion to wrestling at all costs was quite pathetic, and applauded Cena's loyalty.

Maybe i'm being all Mr. Brightside, but I took my reaction to Cena's shit to mean I was hooked. I didn't want to turn off, I wanted the scraggly under dog who loves his craft to come down and slap him upside his rich head.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
But, I think that's kind of the point of the story. I'm sure there were a bunch of people that thought Bryans devotion to wrestling at all costs was quite pathetic, and applauded Cena's loyalty.

Who would think that? One is happy to work in small halls to make a living and one bloke is bashing you if you get the sack and try and earn a living elsewhere. Cena's the heel in this feud. That hollier than thou crap isn't going to endearing him to anyone. And I can't imagine that's the response they are looking for.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
why was Ricardo suspended in the first place?

Wellness violation for fat burners.

Though I can't see him siding with Christian or being around at all. Kane missed like 2-3 weeks for having his head conchairto'd by two sets of ring steps. Ricardo isn't a wrestler got the crap beaten out of him and then had his head crushed. It wouldn't make logistical sense for MexicanTony Chimel to take less time off for a worse attack than Kane got.

As for someone who mentioned Ryback, I get the sense it's going to be him and Big Show. Every time Ryback makes comments about being a bully of smaller guys and running away like he did last night from someone as big as Henry, it would make sense from a "they've already killed his character" to feed the bully to the largest guy in the WWE. Either that or he needs to do something with Kofi surely?

Edited by Toilet Rapper

I didn't get any clear heel or face dynamics from either of their performances. I thought they were aiming for the grey area, at least a little bit.

Surely the whole 'loyalty', being a company man, putting your head down and working hard and making a success of yourself narrative plays into the American psyche and 'American Dream' shit they love. I'll admit the dig about working somewhere else if you're fired was weird, though probably carried an air of 'well, don't get fired in the first place, dickhead' about it.

I certainly didn't get 'heel' from Cena's point about how hard he works, how banged up he gets but carries on.

For me, despite portraying wildly different characters, they were both on some level sympathetic. Though, Cena was probably very culture-specific.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I hated the Cena promo. I hate these storylines where they dont know whether to go all insider or stay onside. Cena's bit about wrestling anywhere but WWE was sickening to listen to as well. Who's feeding him that shite? "Disrespected to wrestle anywhere but WWE" was cringe worthy.

All I could hear in my head was Vince's voice when Cena was spouting that shit.

Either that or he needs to do something with Kofi surely?

I'd have thought so, but surely Kofi would've been better returning to attack Ryback while he tried to escape. Returning looking like shit in a match against Fandango (a bloke who shouldn't be on jobber duty) was a bad move, I reckon.

Cena grated on me so much during his promo and I felt emabarrassed watching him try to lead the you can't wrestle chant. Why didn't he abandon it instead of pretending we just couldn't hear it? I wasn't fond of the opening segment at all until the headbutt. I'm a lot more interested in the match than the story at this point.

Punk and Brock were great. Not keen on Punk's sideburns and the bags under his eyes are getting worse. He needs to sort them out. Other than that the segment was perfect. The duplex on the outside just really emphasised that Brock is willing to throw Punk about and that his is willing to be thrown.

For some reason it also annoys me that Bray seems quite fresh faced underneath the gimmick. I want him to be all haggard

• Paid Members
Punk and Brock were great. Not keen on Punk's sideburns and the bags under his eyes are getting worse. He needs to sort them out. Other than that the segment was perfect. The duplex on the outside

Didn't know they were moving in together!