The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

This is a bad one for poor Dave Meltzer this. Someone in WWE told him Punk was going to be there, and he wasn't. Someone must have been on the wind up to hurt the smart fans feelings. I'm almost certain that was the mentality. "You'll hijack our show, we'll hijack your news sites". Everyone is bombarding poor Dave with all kinds of shit if you look at twitter. Its quite hilarious.

This for me is a bigger story than the WrestleMania build. Someone must have planted that rumour intentionally just to fuck with the wrestling fans. Fair fucks to WWE if this is the case. I hope it was Batista.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The 6 man tag was superb again.

Rollins high-flying flurry at the start was tremendous and while him walking out was a heelish thing to do, I reckon him feeling guilty about it and doing the opposite on SmackDown will bring him back around. That's me believing he should come out of the Shield breakup as a babyface. If they are keeping him heel then he can keep leaving them in the lurch to get their arses kicked.

The Uso's have been consistently excellent for the best part of a year now and well deserving of a run with the Tag Titles. The suicide dive tag is a brilliant idea and I love seeing it.

• Paid Members

6 man tag was obviously great. I wish it had an extra 5 minutes or so though with Rollins as the face in peril. Fucking sucks that this feud isn't going to last. It has so much long term potential.

It felt like WWE were really trying hard to present a ton of interesting shit to distract from the CM Punk situation after they "got it out of the way" in the opening segment. Too bad it takes a hostile crowd takeover for them to do this. It makes it more frustrating when we get those dull marathon Raws, knowing they're capable of a consistently awesome 3 hour show like this one.

Heyman was the perfect guy to send out there to deal with Chicago. He was amazing. You really needed a skilled pro like him to set the tone. I watched the pre-show, where Lawler interviewed Los Matadores, and they seemed fairly put off by the Punk chants.

• Paid Members

Excellent Raw. Storyline development all over the place, a brilliant title change and a shit-hot closing angle.

They played the crowd perfectly. Gave them their head, attached the right people to them and kicked off with a brilliant Heyman promo that made complete sense (except that last week everyone was beneath Lesnar and this week he's desperate for revenge on The Undertaker but I can let that go). The crowd booing Steph was great and added to her aura. Otherwise they weren't intrusive. Putting the Hijack shit onto Bryan and then having the balls to point out it was trending on twitter was excellent manipulation.

Loved the Uso's title win. As did the live crowd. It was the perfect time to pull the trigger because it felt as big as it possibly could. Love Dogg telling the crowd they weren't worthy of his schtick. Loved the exchange between Lawler and JBL re: last weeks finish.

Lawler: "When the bell rings you better be ready" JBL: "There's a catchphrase exemption!"

The six man tag took a little while to feel big but it got fucking AWESOME very quickly. I didn't like them starting with that spot off the turnbuckle again. Why on earth would Harper try that right off the bat? Also the first time Reigns admonished Ambrose, he was in the wrong. Why wouldn't Ambrose intercept Wyatt's interference? From that point though, it was brilliant. Action all over the place with an excellent story being told of Reigns frustration with Ambrose boiling over and Rollins being the one who finally snapped.

It wasn't as good as the first match but still my favourite match on Raw for a long time. So many things to like. Four of these guys have WWE Championship potential. Harper & Rowan could be an excellent tag team for a long time. The commentary was great again. Loved Ambrose pulling Rowan's beard to get out of the head crush thing only to receive a massive sidewalk slam. Lawler: "Remind me never to pull his beard". Brilliant.

Trips was hateful at the end. Proper "I hope he gets his head kicked in soon" with his wonderful bitch of a wife doing the "yes" on her own. What a great ending.

It's a triple threat at Mania now surely?

• Paid Members

Triple H more than earned his keep on this show. Truly back to his best with all his little remarks and facial expressions. Bryan was good too, leading to a couple of great segments that did well to use all energy in the crowd and pump up their own angles. Bryan is a bit too whiny for my liking sometimes, but he was mostly good here. It's hard not to want him to beat up Steph/Triple H when they're in this sort of form.

I wonder who fed Meltzer the lie? Even my mate who doesn't really read the news sites sent me a message yesterday saying Punk is back on Monday. They sort of made it work, with the Heyman angle and especially the Bryan/Triple H stuff.

Really productive Raw, with some of their best stuff in a while.

Really enjoyed Raw. I knew all along Punk wouldn't be turning up, despite those rumours. Got to say I was hoping he would turn up though.

WWE handled that crowd so well. Heyman helped to diffuse the whole thing a bit just as Raw began and from then on it didn't seem too crazy. Getting Bryan into saying "we'll hijack Raw" and so on just totally undermined their hijack Raw stand as at that moment WWE made it part of their show with Bryan acknowledging it and saying it was "we", thus made it seem like Bryan was behind it and leading it.

Chicago seemed to be all bark before the show but as soon as it came down to it WWE twisted the whole thing and handled it so well that instead of looking like their bark followed through it was just all bark and no bite as it just turned into a whimper as Raw went off air and Punk still hadn't showed up.

Must say though I wouldn't mind every week the fans saying they'll hijack Raw if it means we'll get a good three hours every week instead of what we usually seem to get as last night they really stepped up the quality of the show due to the crowd.

• Moderators

Jesus, Batista is garbage. So cumbersome and unbelievable in the ring. Ziggler gets the criticism that he looks like someone portraying a wrestler, but that's exactly how you'd describe Batista. It's like you're watching Columbo and there's a murder at a wrestling show. He's some muscled up bit-part actor they've stuck in trunks and shown how to do a spear. What's his gimmick now, middle-aged man with botox going through a mid-life crisis?

Put me in the category of really wanting to see Punk but overall really, really enjoyed this show, It was a great episode of Raw.

Guess that really does mean Punk is done now? Cant see him showing up in the WWE for the foreseeable future.

The Bryan/HHH stuff was awesome, as I said last week, I really want to see this match, Hunter was great on this show. Can still see Mania going of the air with Bryan winning the gold, maybe Hogan announces the stipulation next week.

Heyman at the beginning was brilliant, Infact the whole opening segment was superb, from the mic work from Heyman to Lesnar looking like a monster destroying Henry again.

Wyatts/Sheild was fantastic aswell, a great TV match, Was really glad they gave Rollins a storyline purpose in the match, He could really make a decent run as a babyface IMO. Great stuff all around.

Uso's winning the titles was well overdue, good little match, hoping for some kind of multiman match at Mania. I would rather have the Unamericans in the tag title match at Mania and do the split with Cesaro swinging Zeb and Swagger then.

Sheamus/Christian was decent too, Sheamus match quality wise is on a hot streak at the moment, surely they cant keep this feud going until Mania though.

• Paid Members

I must say, I thought the crowd were a bit harsh on Sheamus and Christian. The "This is awful" chant was unwarranted, as I thought it was a very good match.

I guess they were piddled off about the Punk situation and took it out on them pair, but still and all, it was harsh on my ears as I was enjoying the match.

• Paid Members
What's his gimmick now, middle-aged man with botox going through a mid-life crisis?

When he returned, I noticed his face was very different, but just assumed it was the facial hair. Now you mention it, it's definitely the botox. His face doesn't move! When he was doing the crybaby face taunts to the crowd last week (I think) on the top rope, he couldn't do it properly.