The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

What I'm really hoping for, and I think the connection to Rey Mysterio is pointing toward, is that the match starts out with Brock expecting it to be an MMA-style fight, only for Cain to catch him off guard with some lucha stuff, or Brock to rush him for the F5, and Cain counter with a big lucha spinning arm drag, something like that.

To the vast majority of the audience, unaware of Velasquez's couple of matches in AAA, that'll be a great twist that will win him a lot of goodwill from people not yet won over by him.

With reports of him being on a multi-year contract, though, I do wonder what's next, after the obvious Brock feud. In a way, I almost think he'd have been better off signing with AEW (if they could match WWE's offer), because the appeal of being "The Guy Who Beat Brock Lesnar For Real" is a better sell in an upstart promotion competing with WWE than it is in WWE itself.

• Paid Members

Will they not have to work whatever match the Shiekh has told them to work this could descend into Brawl For All territory, or one of those worked shoot affairs, which could go either way. Unless Velazquez is going to be channeling the spirit of Shinya Hashimoto. 

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Will they not have to work whatever match the Shiekh has told them to work this could descend into Brawl For All territory, or one of those worked shoot affairs, which could go either way. Unless Velazquez is going to be channeling the spirit of Shinya Hashimoto. 

While I'm sure the Saudi's have a certain amount of pull when it comes to these events, I think you may be overstating their influence. I can see them being given the option of shelling out top dollar for so and so to appear, but to actually call how the match is played out? I don't think so.

• Paid Members

That's true. I can't imagine he'd be happy with a 5 minute schmoz, though. Otherwise I'd imagine we would have had a shorter, better Undertaker Goldberg match. 

36 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's true. I can't imagine he'd be happy with a 5 minute schmoz, though. Otherwise I'd imagine we would have had a shorter, better Undertaker Goldberg match. 

I'd imagine that's more to do with WWE trying to present their first meeting as an "epic" though, despite them probably being fully aware it would fall flat on its face. That's how these things usually play out.

See also: every big name part-timer match they've done recently.

• Paid Members

I'm unsure what was 'better':

Lana's 'acting' 

Or

Jerry Lawler forgetting Asukas name in match one of the night stumbling around before going "you'd better watch out for that girl on the outside" when he clearly had started but couldn't finish. 

Lord that was a dreadful three hours. I only stayed up as its half term and I was doing some work but apart from Ricochet's selling of the RKO that was three hours of absolutely nothing. 

• Paid Members

Presumably everyone's last impression being that closing "angle" sours them. Richochet/McIntyre, Becky/Sane, Styles/Carillo and Rollins/Rowan seemed like good enough matches but they're just there. 

Assuming anyone actually cares about Crown Jewel, what did this actually build anticipation for? Team Hogan vs. Team Flair if you are being very generous. 

Outside of that, who or what progressed on the show? The Rusev/Lashley story that is absolutely dire. The Kabucki warriors heel turn with the ditching of Paige. Street Profits look solid underneath.

Anything else? Any reason to watch next week? It's just groundhog day.

• Paid Members

It probably was that last segment that soured it. I'm really digging the Street Profits but it was almost like a reverse rinse and repeat from last week, I'm guessing no Owens as he won't be doing the Saudi show so no point having him take up screen time? 

Rollins vs Rowan confused me by the ending, when Mankind did it years before with the Rock it was because he was a bit crazy and out there but it never seemed a heel move to trap him. Rollins screaming at everyone and then acting like some genius conquerer but yeah their booking of him is what it is. 

Asuka needs to aim better with the mist. That's twice now she's over shot it and then had to bring it down to even make some contact.