The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I honestly cannot see why on earth they had Seth win the battle royal and in such a shite way. Surely there cant be anyone interested in seeing Brock vs Seth again. It's got to the point where I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the universal title because I have zero interest in Brock keeping the title when he's barely ever there and even less interest in Seth having it again. 

The womens 4 way was dreadful in my opinion as well and there's arguably not a less interesting challenger in the company than Natalya. 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

Seth isn't much better than Dolph Ziggler. Yes, flashy and athletic, but not the sort of nuance and craft a wrestler like him needs to be a viable top guy. He could, of course, overcome that if he had big time charisma, but he's such a snooze of a personality.

I mean, Brock is hardly Bret Hart either but his charisma is undeniable and he knows how to work his gimmick. A bit like Goldberg.

Seth was always going to fail because he's not good enough to overcome their guff and make it good, like a Daniel Bryan or John Cena.

Saw the Bray segment and was pleasantly surprised at how good he looked. The mask actually looked freighting. I'm glad it translated well to the live arena because that was my biggest fear, that it'd look naff under the bright lights. Going for Finn was disappointing to me, him taking out a random midcarder like that is same old Bray. How long before the vignettes stop and he's back treading water? They should've pulled the trigger and had him slay Lesnar or Kofi. A proper shake up.  Hope Finn is a launching pad for Bray and its not rinse and repeat, I remember their feud from before. Still gives me nightmares, Christ, what an absolute car wreck.

Boy do they miss Ronda. They've not even bothered to paper over the cracks since she left or build somebody worth the champion. Instead they chucked in a grenade. It’s like they’ve come up with the worst Raw division imaginable to cool Becky off. To think they had a get out of jail wildcard for that fourway match and they chose . . . Carmella. LOL. So awful that Becky vs Natalya sounds like a relief.

The big Summerslam matches look well uninspiring so far. I don’t remember such a loaded roster feeling so stagnant. Rollins was this mega popular workhorse leading the charge last year, now he’s so shit and stale people are rooting against him. With Bray returning to a massive reaction and Orton, Nakamura and Charlotte gaining new sheen, I wish they’d cycle guys in and out more. The creative is so toxic that just being on TV does a number on you.

4 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Have I missed something or does a losing champ not get a rematch anymore? If that's the case why didn't Seth get a rematch instead of having to do the number one contenders match?

Months ago they made a big deal about how in this new era there are no automatic title rematches.

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

And yet Baron Boring got what, two in a row? Potentially Lacey too. 

The no rematch is in relation to actually losing a title not losing a title match as the challenger

Maybe a bit of a oddity that challengers can keep getting matches month after month but the ex champ has to go the back of the line, but im sure there are far worse logic bending rules in WWE then this one 

4 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Going for Finn was disappointing to me, him taking out a random midcarder like that is same old Bray. How long before the vignettes stop and he's back treading water?

it's a concern for sure but it could pan out quite well. If this Bray beats "the demon", which is a shit character anyway, he'll get a big enough boost from being the first to do that. This then gives Finn an incentive to turn heel, which he badly needs to inject a bit of life into his act. Somehow he's never been a baddie his whole run in the company even though that's what initially got him popular in NJPW. I have no confidence in the Wyatt stuff personally but putting him back against Finn might not be the awful decision I thought it was initially.

I think they're trying to establish a blood feud between Seth and Brock to mirror the one they spent 5 years trying to establish between Roman and Brock, so they can go full circle and have the main event of next year's Mania be a triple threat between the three of them. Five years on from the last time that happened.

• Paid Members

Finn is apparently taking time off after Summerslam, so it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to have Bray write him out. I still have zero confidence in them doing anything more with Bray than they have already - some interesting promos, then the same matches over and over, with no wins where it counts.