The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Really excited for this fresh, new approach to Raw’s title scene. The Universal title has always been great, but I’m glad they’re trying something different. I hope Seth wins and feuds with Baron Corbin next, he’s red hot right now.

That Rollins apathy I have at the moment is just unbelievable, for such a talented performer. It's not like my feelings are hurt, or anything, but those mopey tweets did seem to be the straw that broke the camels back. Admittedly I'm a WWE centric, larger-than-life guy. I reach for things in order to try and emote with this garbage, and the only character I can attribute to him is this vague sense that in real life he's one of those self consciously goody good guys who only listens to shitty American angst rock about keeping yo' head up and fighting with honour.

I can't remember a single interesting angle or promo he has been involved with since the admittedly brilliant cash in at WrestleMania. Four years ago. He's the definition of someone being pushed and plastered all over the product as much as possible whilst still managing to avoid being a proper star. He was boiling hot around the turn of the year but it all just petered out in the 'Mania build up, and I don't think you can blame the usual booking for it. Something's missing. 

Punk embraced being the prick he was, and it worked for him. Daniel Bryan's a lovely bloke, and that worked for him. Both found a certain level of stardom with the pre-existing audience that at one point looked huge on telly. Rollins kind of just awkwardly falls in the middle. If he was my flatmate I'd let him finish in the kitchen before I went in to do my shit. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Finn’s not gonna be around for much longer is he? 

He’s asked for a couple of months off and WWE have allowed him to do so(probably after he jobs to Wyatt at SummerSlam) if they had nothing planned for someone like Balor in the next 2 months I’d be worried by it.

• Paid Members

Have they soured on Balor after that post from Saudi? He seemed to have disappeared from TV for a while already, while he was IC champ, then comes back to lose it and now has requested time off. He could do with it to be fair. He's another guy they don't seem to know how to get the best from. Looked a million dollars at times. About three quid at others.

Wyatt looks incredible. Still no idea how he'll turn the gimmick into something watchable but he looks great and it was a hot angle.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

A far better punchline to that skit would’ve been Drake’s wife pinning him for the belt in the bed before running off with the ref.

Yes. This.
Renee lording it over Drake that SHE is now the champion, all the while wondering whether Drake will actually try to defeat his own wife for the title, could have created some great skits for a few weeks I reckon.

Even knowing R-Truth beat Drake Maverick in the hotel room, I just watched it on YouTube and it really felt like it was leading to Renee winning the title from him.  If I hadn't already known that wasn't what happened, I would have been watching that thinking it's really obvious Renee is about to win the title...yet it didn't happen.  That would have been great.  

13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The way they produced Bray's appearance was fantastic. That mask looks gruesome as well. I'd have shit myself if I was a kid, and he showed up on WWF.

Agreed, have just seen the clip and he looks scary as fuck.
Massive credit to the guy for reinventing himself yet again. Original 'cult leader' Bray Wyatt at the compound doing all the Manson-family stuff was awesome and this demented kiddies entertainer thing could be good too - especially if Heyman lets Bray run with it the way he did Raven in ECW.

I'm going with the 'enjoy it while it lasts' mentality at the moment though.

• Paid Members

Vince doesn't want wrestling through the commercial breaks anymore, so instead of just doing shorter matches, they're constantly doing 2/3 falls matches and engineering it so that a pinfall takes place right before the commercial break. The rest period inbetween falls then takes place during the break. It's daft and I can imagine fucking infuriating to watch every week.

I thought it was ridiculous to watch on tv, when Ricochet initially make his entrance for the 6 man tag match, then to go to advert and upon return see his opponents the revival already in the ring, and Robert Roode finishing his entrance, before Ricochet’s partners the Uso’s made their entrance. Even before you add in the 2/3 falls nonsense, what a mess to see live.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Supremo said:

I really hope it isn’t The Fiend vs. The Demon at Summerslam.

Sadly, this was on the cards the second it was revealed Bray had an alter ego. If they've went off Finn, I'd absolutely love it if The Fiend squashed The Demon to set up the sort of threat The Fiend is (and a great Lesnar opponent). Either way, I expect The Fiend to batter Balor quick sharp.

Anyway, the Wyatt stuff is so well done by 2019 standards, where they seem to always get it wrong. The return was another positive and another example of the production potential of WWE when they're arsed doing something a bit different (in fat, the whole Wyatt return is an example of that). My favourite bit was the way Balor's music died before all the lights shut off.

If they somehow manage to keep this going, The Fiend v Brock Lesnar could be incredible.

Edited by ColinBollocks