The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

10 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

They've advertised a "Raw Reunion" for next Monday. That's something interesting anyway.

The names that flashed up are AUSTIN, HOGAN, FLAIR, MICHAELS, RAZOR, DIESEL, ANGLE, SLAUGHTER, CHRISTIAN, DIBIASE, BISCHOFF, BOOGEYMAN, (Jimmy) HART, HURRICANE, SANTINO, LAWLER, D-VON.

Booker and X-Pac were in the vid too.

I’m going to sound like a miserable bastard, but I wish they’d explain why they’re doing this (I mean, I know why - low ratings etc, but you know what I mean)

It’s not a special occasion or anything, is it? At least give it a storyline reason for existing rather than just saying ‘THIS IS WHAT WE’RE DOING NOW’

Fuck it, since I’m having a moan...I’m fed up of these ‘old school’ shows. They’ve done far too many of them. It’s more or less the same names each time and they rarely do anything interesting. 

• Paid Members

The jarring thing for me is in 2010 an old school show was all these names. In 2019 an old school show is the same names because they have mostly the same roster.

Panic button has been pressed. Can’t imagine Heyman is best pleased either, he would probably rather use the time to get talent over rather than watch the Kliq wankathon for a billionth time. I fucking love Austin. He’s my favourite of all time. But I do not want to see him on TV anymore. 

These shows are a complete waste of time and it’s not what we want, even though Vince probably thinks it is. 

16 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The jarring thing for me is in 2010 an old school show was all these names. In 2019 an old school show is the same names because they have mostly the same roster.

I’m struggling to think of names they could bring back from the mid 2000s even as they’re either still active, absolute non-entities or, depressingly, dead. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Panic button has been pressed. Can’t imagine Heyman is best pleased either, he would probably rather use the time to get talent over rather than watch the Kliq wankathon for a billionth time. I fucking love Austin. He’s my favourite of all time. But I do not want to see him on TV anymore. 

These shows are a complete waste of time and it’s not what we want, even though Vince probably thinks it is. 

Heyman who brought in Arn and Tully in 94/95 and put the belt on funk in 97 when he was already 1000 years old? Don't think he has an issue with using names to pop a rating and get eyes on the product......

Having multiple big/classic names on a show makes each individual name less impactful. Imagine if they came out and said ‘Steve Austin is going to be on next week’s Raw!’ 

That’s it, that’s all you know. You could speculate why, what is he going to do? Who will he interact with? 

Even saying ‘Razor and Diesel will be on next week’s Raw’ would be intriguing.

As a collective though they decrease in value.

Heck, if they were to have a different legend appear on Raw each week there’d be some intrigue to that. Who’s it going to be, what are they going to do etc. 

1 minute ago, Sonny Mustang said:

There’s a 10 man battle royal tonight to determine Brock’s ss challenger.

looks totally bland (and I love a battle royal). Except. Big E is in the there...

Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Baron Corbin, Cesaro, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, Sami Zayn, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and Big E.

Also, Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Carmella to see who faces Lynch at Summerslam.

• Paid Members

A mostly nothing show. You’d be best off catching the few good bits on YouTube.

Bray’s return was cool. I’ve said it before but it’s nothing short of a miracle how they’ve managed to get me excited and invested in him again. When he last vanished I never ever wanted to see him return. The flickering lights looked great and the mask looks incredible. Finn would’ve been the last person I’d have picked for him to attack though. Flashbacks to their last feud is not something you should be seeking out. I really hope it isn’t The Fiend vs. The Demon at Summerslam.

The ad break thing continues to be absolutely insane. It kills the crowd, sucks any momentum out of the matches and makes the whole show feel overtly scripted and inauthentic. A two out of three fall six man tag where the first fall happens in about two minutes. Fuck me. Worst of all, someone’s timing must’ve been off because they actually went to an ad break during that women’s match, whilst the action was still going on, so they can’t even keep up with their own stupid rules. Hopefully that one instance is the first sign of them giving up on this. It can’t go on much longer, surely? What’s the average time before Vince gives up on these weird kicks? How long did the 205 lads have purple ropes on Raw?

I felt bad for the women getting shat on by the crowd. What do they expect though? For all they bang on about the women’s revolution it’s slowly morphed back into the divas division ever since Ronda left. Speaking of which, I had absolutely no desire to see Natalya vs. Becky at Summerslam...until I imagined Ronda being in Nattie’s corner! God, I’d love that. Ronda vs. Becky one-on-one is my Sting vs. The Undertaker at this point.

Drake Maverick continues to be one of the best performers in the business, but it feels like this thing with Truth is jumping the shark. A far better punchline to that skit would’ve been Drake’s wife pinning him for the belt in the bed before running off with the ref.

Fuck Seth Rollins. I wanted Brock vs. Big E! Especially after E’s performance at Extreme Rules!

Ricochet’s sell of the Phenomenal Forearm was the greatest thing I’ve ever seen.

Lesnar's getting his win back then at SummerSlam, right? God, I wish it was something else. Hope it opens into a triple threat or something. Or have Brock get pasted by someone unexpected the night after. They're running Raw and SmackDown in the Garden in September. I'm starving for some angles. 

That women's fatal four way elimination must have been the most excruciating televised match of the year. I wonder who was the agent, because it was a proper case study in wearing out a crowd. It just seemed to go on and on and on. Topped off by piss break pin cushion Natalya doing an emotional victory speech. I feel for her. She always ends up lumped in it, somewhat. She done well with the Becky confrontation afterwards, but the cussing already seems over-saturated, in proper WWE fashion. At this rate all the SummerSlam promos are going to be an endless succession of people calling each other bitches. 

Bray Wyatt's new look is awesome in the flesh. The crowd popped like crazy for it, and all. Fair play to him, he's interesting again. The Drake Maverick stuff's still great, nice to see Paul Heyman acknowledge he's got the stroke with Raw now, a few good positives. 

Was an okay show up until that women's match. They just make you give up on them going into that third hour though. Especially when that abomination was followed up with a Miz TV featuring Dolph Ziggler, where I forgot what they were talking about as I was actually watching the thing. 

If I didn't know any better, I'd think Drake was channelling Richard Richard in his interaction at the hotel desk.  

Edited by Gay as FOOK