The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

12 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Surprised people are giving up on it already. It was hardly going to be an overnight change especially when they were mid build towards Extreme Rules. I'm perfectly willing to go into the next PPV build up with an open mind and a fresh slate. Hopefully that'll be enough time to start really noticing some changes and the actual impact Heyman and Bischoff are having.

But.. it was.

That's exactly what happened, maybe it wasn't amazing but there was a definite change last week that's been undone.

Show needs a complete reset. It's stale beyond belief like, the look, presentation, sound, same pointless matches where result doesn't matter. Generic feel to everything. That plus giving sweaty Heyman at least some leeway might pique my interest, but this half measure shite, which they then go back on after a few weeks anyway, is abysmal.

14 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Surprised people are giving up on it already.

I'm surprised people are believing there will actually be any change. There are myriad podcasts, interviews, reports and so forth that suggest the only way WWE's direction changes is when Vince stops breathing. If anyone actually believes that Heyman, Bischoff or anyone else is going to be handed enough creative freedom to change things they are either quite new to watching WWE's brand of wrestling, or incredibly naive.

Edited by David

Or option three: just hopeful that something that they love and have enjoyed for many years will get better, which is why a lot of people stick with it regardless. I wouldn't see that as naivety as such. I don't think anyone expects a drastic overhaul, but it's nice to think that both guys would be allowed to bring something to the table.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, David said:

I'm surprised people are believing there will actually be any change. There are myriad podcasts, interviews, reports and so forth that suggest the only way WWE's direction changes is when Vince stops breathing. If anyone actually believes that Heyman, Bischoff or anyone else is going to be handed enough creative freedom to change things they are either quite new to watching WWE's brand of wrestling, or incredibly naive.

I think Heyman has a little more of a shot than anyone else in being able to stand up to Vince and get his voice heard, if only because he's got Brock Lesnar in his back pocket. That has to count for something.

• Paid Members

It feels like Heyman is a big fan of Bobby Lashley. A miraculous recovery from last week, killing Rey Mysterio this week, along with the ECW run with Lashley getting a big push. He seems to be one of his guys. Maybe this is the start of Lashley getting a run as a killer to beef him up, to give Lesnar a good meal down the line. 

32 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

It feels like Heyman is a big fan of Bobby Lashley. A miraculous recovery from last week, killing Rey Mysterio this week, along with the ECW run with Lashley getting a big push. He seems to be one of his guys. Maybe this is the start of Lashley getting a run as a killer to beef him up, to give Lesnar a good meal down the line. 

This would make sense. If Lashley can be rehabilitated and built up for Lesnar, that's a SummerSlam or a Survivor Series main event right there.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I think Heyman has a little more of a shot than anyone else in being able to stand up to Vince and get his voice heard, if only because he's got Brock Lesnar in his back pocket. That has to count for something.

I'd like to think it would, but it's never really done Heyman any good before, has it? Lesnar, ultimately, can be dealt with if the dollar amount is right. 

Vince is a control freak, he's not giving up any real power to anyone while he's able to run things himself. He's never operated in that way before, so why change it now?

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't think anyone expects a drastic overhaul, but it's nice to think that both guys would be allowed to bring something to the table.

Oh, they'll be allowed to bring something to the table. We've heard countless times that Vince's door is always open for wrestlers and other employees to do just that.

What happens is, they bring something to the table, then they leave the table, and Vince does whatever the fuck he wants anyway. Have a listen to John Moxley's interview on the Jericho podcast. His story is one that's been told many times over the years.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:23 PM, BomberPat said:

Last time Heyman seriously clashed with Vince it resulted in him quitting the company.

It's only a matter of time until they end up falling out again imo. Heyman and Brock might be close but I'd be surprised if Brock would risk the best deal in the business over those two egomaniacs having a falling out.

I suspect that Triple H is savvy enough to know how it will probably go and that's why he opted to stick with NXT. As David pointed out, nothing fundamental will change so long as Vince is the boss.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

They've advertised a "Raw Reunion" for next Monday. That's something interesting anyway.

The names that flashed up are AUSTIN, HOGAN, FLAIR, MICHAELS, RAZOR, DIESEL, ANGLE, SLAUGHTER, CHRISTIAN, DIBIASE, BISCHOFF, BOOGEYMAN, (Jimmy) HART, HURRICANE, SANTINO, LAWLER, D-VON.

Booker and X-Pac were in the vid too.