The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Drake Maverick was once again MVP. The line about getting the the crate to do it was brilliant. 

The Nikki Cross promo was painfully awkward, however. Going from Nikkis in ring awkward promo to Beckys backstage promo just highlighted the difference between them. 

Montez Ford is going to be a star.

• Paid Members

Who do you think is more aware that their partner is carrying them and that they’re probably fucked if the team ever breaks up? Angelo Dawkins or Tucker Knight? It’s crazy to have two teams at the same time where it’s so obvious that one member’s charisma is carrying the whole act.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Who do you think is more aware that their partner is carrying them and that they’re probably fucked if the team ever breaks up?

Seth Rollins by the sounds of it.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Seven o'clock on Tuesday and we've had seven posts on this week's Raw. #moribund

It was fucking dreadful too. I'd been watching via the short videos on the website for this past while until last week, and this week I said I'd watch the show through again. Last week wasn't bad, it had a hot angle which they carried out well. This week was absolutely shite though and has me regretting even bothering.

I think the lack of posts are due to most on here tuning out several weeks/months ago, and the Heyman intrigue not being enough to tempt them back. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Vince doesn't want anything happening between breaks as he wants to present it more like a sport in line with the Fox deal 

The irony being that it's never felt more fake and less like a sport!

Even watching a lot of it in fast-forward, these elimination matches, two-out-of-three-fall matches and mid-match technicalities that force a restart are beyond parody at this point. It's absolutely crazy the corner they've painted themselves into, first deciding the only way to fill TV is with dead long matches, then deciding no in-ring action can occur during an advert break. A problem they've created for themselves, yet seem completely incapable of getting themselves out of. It's unbelievable seeing it play out all show, every show. The last bastion. The only thing they couldn't convolute and over-produce, the matches themselves, they've now managed to find a way. And it's only been a couple of weeks! Imagine if they're still doing this in six months time! It must be an absolute nightmare for the writers, trying to find fresh ways to do it. And worst of all, I bet most fans aren't even aware of the no-wrestling-during-ad-breaks mandate. They're probably baffled as to what's going on and why everything has gone extra shit. The goal feels even more open for AEW. Never in a million years did I think, "we just have normal TV matches that occur and end normally," would become such a big draw for me.

The Roman thing at the end of the show was everything you ever needed to know about the Roman push and why it'll never work. One step forward, ten steps back. The idea itself was actually quite decent. Put a supposed non-wrestler in a mask and then have him suddenly bust out boss moves and outsmart the heels by revealing someone else under the mask. Classic stuff. And then they fucked it all up by not only having the heels still win, but then have the babyfaces smile and chuckle despite the loss. What a pair of twats Roman and Cendric looked, celebrating a loss. Roman Reigns beat fucking cancer. He should be the biggest thing in the sport by millions of miles. Maybe even the biggest thing of all time. It's incredible what a complete nothing he's become.

The bloom is off the Heyman rose already. Vince is clearly still calling the shots and things are never going to improve if that remains the case. And to think, this is with Heyman writing the show. Can you even imagine how shit Smackdown's gonna be when Bischoff is placed in this no-win scenario? Bloody hell.

Drake Maverick's good though. Got his wife a job, too. Top lad.

Edited by Supremo

Surprised people are giving up on it already. It was hardly going to be an overnight change especially when they were mid build towards Extreme Rules. I'm perfectly willing to go into the next PPV build up with an open mind and a fresh slate. Hopefully that'll be enough time to start really noticing some changes and the actual impact Heyman and Bischoff are having.

• Paid Members

The frustrating thing is, there are such simple ways around some of the things that are ending up being dreadful.

The main event was a short match. So rather than have the heels go over, why not have them take a walk and lose by count out when they realise that it's not gonna be the cakewalk they thought they'd set themselves up for? They lose next to nothing, and Cedric actually looks like a vague threat rather than a bloke who can catch opponents unaware but still be dispatched easily.

There is no need to do 2 out of 3 falls six-man tag matches. Have someone other than the legal man get pinned and Dusty Finish it during the break. Have it break down to a pier six brawl which needs a whole crew of refs to split up, before allowing it to continue after the break as a show of leniency instead of DQing everyone. Have someone 'injure a knee' and need checking on by the doctor before the match is allowed to continue.

Sure it's still contrived stuff, but it's better than everything suddenly being 2 out of 3 falls or elimination for no obvious kayfabe reason.

And the less said about mixed tag elimination matches where you effectively eliminate yourself by eliminating an opponent, the better...

10 hours ago, Supremo said:

Who do you think is more aware that their partner is carrying them and that they’re probably fucked if the team ever breaks up? Angelo Dawkins or Tucker Knight? It’s crazy to have two teams at the same time where it’s so obvious that one member’s charisma is carrying the whole act.

I got a soft spot for Angelo Dawkins.  He's been knocking around developmental since Seth Rollins was there I think.  I've seen him appear in random tag teams on NXT, random singles losses, the whole lot.  He works really hard despite not being the greatest natural in the ring, or having much in the way of charisma.  By all rights he was destined never to make it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll find a way of staying around once they split Montez Ford off into singles competition.  He's made it to Raw, and he's married to Bianca Belair - hats off to the lad.

Tucker Knight is definitely fucked though. Oooh, Tucky.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, JNLister said:

Seven o'clock on Tuesday and we've had seven posts on this week's Raw. #moribund

Even the Bleacher Report took until gone 8am to publish their recap, and it still had bits in it that said "text". Not even kidding.