The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Checked out some clips of this to see how the Heyman era kicked off.

First of all, LMAAAAOOOOO at the burial of Mike Kannelis. I really thoroughly enjoyed this. Well deserved for his absolutely mortifying attempts at being some sort of inspirational figure on instagram for managing to stop taking painkillers. Hopefully they develop him into a full blown cuck. Ideally this wont actually build to any matches though as he is nothing as a performer.

I could see even the WWE die-hards turning on Seth and Becky. They both have a very smug quality to them which becomes unbearable when they combine.

The AJ stuff was good and definitely a step in the right direction.

Hopefully the product as a whole picks up some steam after Extreme Rules is out of the way.

• Paid Members

I saw someone on Twitter describe Seth and Becky as having the worst on-screen chemistry since Ted Dibiase Jr and Maryse. It’s spot on. If you didn’t know better you’d never think in a million years that they’re a real couple. The longer they’re scripted together on TV the worse it’s going to get. It’s killing both of them. Proper Stone Cold and Debra vibes. They need to put a stop to it immediately.

I am a little reluctant to say this but I do think it's accurate. Becky's breakthrough moment was a total fluke. Her getting her nose busted open and standing there with her face a mess looking a total badass wasn't planned or scripted it just happened and made her look a million dollars.

Pretty much ever since then she's madr a colossal arse of trying to live up to that moment.

Making constant attempts being an uncharismatic female Conor McGregor, being hindered by poor booking choices making her look weaker than she needs to and now by being stuck with big bland Seth.

Also it doesn't help when you're trying to come off as a super cool badass but your two main insults that you regularly repeat are to call people planks and dummies.

I like Becky I really do but the facts are she she was thrust into the position shes in by happenstance and hasnt really done anything at all of note to cement that position in what feels like close to a year.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I like Becky I really do but the facts are she she was thrust into the position shes in by happenstance and hasnt really done anything at all of note to cement that position in what feels like close to a year.

Apart from six months ago when she still looked the coolest woman on the planet.

The first bit is right. It wasn't the plan for her to be anything and she took advantage of an opportunity. They constantly fucked it and got away with it all the way to Mania but they've had nothing to follow it and now it's cold.

Disagree that the alliance is killing Becky though. She's by far the most popular of the two. It's killing Seth.

I don't think dem turning on Seth would affect his standing much, at this stage. He's proper, proper over with kids and so called casuals. I assume his merch must be up there somewhere under Roman. 

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Apart from six months ago when she still looked the coolest woman on the planet.

When was this?

For my money, WrestleMania alone completely exposed Becky's frailties - she was in a triple threat with the biggest star in the company and the woman who carries herself as the biggest star in the company. She looked small fry compared to them. I like Becky, but to me, she is a midcard babyface. She was doing well when she was having passable matches and putting goggles over the heads of little girls. At the top, she is out of her depth as there are a) more interesting characters than her, b) better workers than her and c) in some cases, both.

I will concede that I am prejudiced against her by the ludicrous fantasy booking that ensued when people were saying she should win the Men's Rumble etc. That isn't her fault. But I do not connect with her "The Man" persona as I think she comes across as someone who is superbly skilled in exploiting social media, but when it the times comes, she drips with insecurity. Becky got lucky that her eye socket was broken and provided THAT image - without it, her push would have been stone dead. And to think that people think it derailed her progress.

41 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

At the top, she is out of her depth as there are a) more interesting characters than her, b) better workers than her and c) in some cases, both.

Like who though? The best workers barely get TV time. You could plug Charlotte into her spot and I don't see how she's any more interesting. And Flair flat out sucks as a babyface. It's like they gave the big babyfaces their wins at Mania and have spent following months coasting, like they're waiting until the big Summerslam build/Fox move to give them all something fuck all interesting to do.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Jumping in here, watching RAW just now. Only watched the first half hour. Thought it was a brilliant, brilliant start. All the usual complaints seem to have been addressed. The usual angle opening, the robotic commentary, the samey production. Michael Cole was brilliant at selling the stage bump. The shakey cameras and chaos that followed the bump gave it such a genuine vibe. Great start

• Paid Members

I really liked the opening angle as well, especially how much they've continued to hammer home how important it was. I thought the high angle camera shot of the area afterwards was a great touch as well. This angle and the follow up has been better than anything that has been on Raw in months. 

Less Baron Corbin, thumbs up. Seth and Becky together though? Death. I have absolutely no idea what was going on with the whole Maria/Mike thing either, less of that next time hopefully. 

There's no way I was watching a Miz Vs Elias 2/3 falls match. Skipped that. 

AJ being back as a heel should breathe new life into him and offers an interesting direction for him and Ricochet to go to. I'll look forward to their PPV matches, should they end up having them.

• Paid Members

It's the one week of the year where I work a night shift at work and watch a Raw. It was pretty much complete shit. Heyman's really breathed new guff clouds into it. 

Edited by gmoney