The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Another decent show I thought. Sure there's still stuff I could do without but on the whole there's more to enjoy the last few weeks. Especially Maverick.

Obviously we still got our multiple fall match and the one match into another. Guess that's not ending anytime soon. No one wants to see Miz in a 2 out of 3 falls match though so let's make better match choices please.

Lashley and Strowman put in their best work and I love some hokey pyro shit. Graves saying holy shit was a nice touch. Never a fan of 'serious' commentary voice though.

They need to get Seth and Becky away from each other as soon as possible. Although I'll happily watch Becky impregnate Maria anyday. 

Street Profits? Interesting. Big fan of them but feels like they've only just hit their stride in NXT after their Evolve run. Plus we've seen how tag teams struggle on the main roster. Having said that, I'm glad someone remembered the Vikings recently. They're starting to get a better direction.

Heel AJ is definitely needed and he's the perfect guy to bring Ricochet up to the next level. Gallows and Anderson are perfect back up guys too. Good end to the show and a reason to tune in next time. If only they'd put Finn with them too. I'm done with him just being a smiley face.

• Paid Members

Credit where due, that looked a much better show. Strowman and Lashley kicking the piss out of each other before a big, daft angle, Taker appearance that the crowd ate up, heat on Joe for his title match, fun Street Profits appearance, what looked a cracking main event with a lovely turn after it and Maverick being ace.

Liked that the got around the commercial break stuff more logically by turning the tag into a six man and the dusty finish in the main event. Standard fare that feels more organic than suddenly being obsessed with 2/3 falls matches (though there was still one).

Only the mixed tag stuff really didn't land. Imagine being World Champion and hearing fans chant for your girlfriend all the time. Maria was fucking weird too.

I was waiting for Lashley and Strowman to start scrapping in the hospital but I guess that's on me, not them. 

• Paid Members

81EC0FB5-6848-4222-9F07-B31985AADF7E.jpeg.65bc3a49751a2292687fc2dc198c2907.jpeg

They had an autocorrect nightmare during the show.

It was an easy enough show to breeze through. Definitely felt like an improvement since I last watched it a few weeks ago. New, interesting directions, fun opening angle and whilst it’s about two years too early, there’s no denying Montez Ford is dripping in charisma.

I would fill Smackdown with vignettes of R-Truth invading Drake Maverick’s honeymoon. Good on him for seemingly using this belt to get his wife a job.

The sooner they turn Finn Balor heel and put him with The Club the better. 

Poor Triple H though. What’s the point in even crowning NXT tag champions if they’re constantly going to be promoted to the main roster without any prior warning? He’s probably terrified to put those belts on the Undisputed Era now.

Look at the camera man shooting the Strowman angle. I’d love to know the direction he’s given. 

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator
44 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

That Mike and Maria Kanellis bit was definitely Heyman, wasn’t it?

"the most underrated creative mind in the industry"

• Paid Members

I'm definitely being worked I'm sure of it, but WWE is reporting that Lashley has been released from a medical facility but that Strowman has been admitted with a seperate pelvis. 

The fact he didn't seem to move at all after it happened and they seemed a lot more careful moving him than they did when putting Lashley into the ambulance I did think it was totally out of character for Strowman to be selling it as much as he did. I'm sure I saw rumours he was working injured again though so maybe just a way of writing him off screen. 

I’ve only quickly gone through the videos on their YouTube but it speaks miles that the first Raw in I don’t know how long not to feature Baron Corbin is getting positive feedback.

Now let’s keep it a permanent thing?

If only.

Really enjoyed Raw, good opener that i assumed was going to be the main event when it was announced.

I thought they might keep the lights off the entrance for the rest of the show as a way to sell the damage and possibly write that set off to make way for a new one. Wishful thinking.

Dont really see the point in Street Profits being there, theyve only just won the NXT titles.

Glad AJ has turned and gives the good brothers something to do.

No Baron Corbin is always a plus.

Edited by rollthedice

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

If only they'd put Finn with them too.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

The sooner they turn Finn Balor heel and put him with The Club the better.

Can't be having a 4 man stable. Three is the magic number.

• Paid Members

Quite enjoyed reading through that this morning! First time in months. Are we sure Bischoff's not actually doing Raw though, because that Maria line hints at an HLA return.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Quite enjoyed reading through that this morning! First time in months. Are we sure Bischoff's not actually doing Raw though, because that Maria line hints at an HLA return.

The HLA was on Smackers last week. Someone's on heat.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Can't be having a 4 man stable. Three is the magic number.

original_horsemen_01_zps0ea62e2b.jpg