The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Bray in that shape should be a fucking megastar. 

Totally agree, and I can definitely see what you mean about this not being traditionally how they book megastars. That said, they don't seem to know how to book anyone like a megastar any more. FFS, Roman Reigns beat cancer and they've made him feel like just another guy. So Bray going the slightly unusual gimmick route, in the shape he is in, might be a way to actually present him as a megastar because it's something different that stands out. In fact, simply by not being 50/50 booked each week, or appearing in front of the live crowd they are building him into more of a megastar than if he returned in the traditional way.

It really could be a boon rather than a detriment to his status that he's doing something unusual. 

Or he'll be booked into oblivion within weeks and this will be filed under Wrestlecrap. 

I've been trying to think how Bray translates to wrestling and/or being in the arena again with this gimmick. It might be fun to have this morph into a talk show type segment where Bray interviews heels about how bad they are and ends in some in ring tussles. Otherwise apart from Bray slowly turning evil again I can't see what to do. 

• Paid Members

The new Bray gimmick is an exciting concept on launch. Of course, the fear is he does a run in or something and goes back to his usual spooky fat lad pish. Nice to see Raw have some fresh looking production ideas on it, if nothing else.

Roode is filth.

I'm really enjoying this Becky feud. They've got a good dynamic with the southern lady v the man idea. Good few weeks from them.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I loved it. Easily the best thing he's done in years. Agreed that I've no idea how it translates, but who cares? At least he's not cutting that same fucking promo every week that goes nowhere. I'm genuinely interested in where it goes which hasn't been the case with Bray for what feels like forever. Fair play to the lad for getting in such impressive shape, too. He looks the business with that look.

• Paid Members

The WWE writers have clearly seen how much we adore Sweep from the Sooty Show and are trying to tap into that.

I hope Mercy the Buzzard invites all his relatives round to stay. A cousin from France, one from Australia... 

• Paid Members

The Bray Wyatt stuff has a bit of the "Evil Doink" going for, which really works for me. 

I just hope he gets Dave Benson Phillips in to co-host the show and accompany him to ringside!

Heel Doink was exactly the vibe I got from it too and the impression I got in how it would translate as far matches and that are concerned. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was a fan of that gimmick. Love the direction it’s taken so far at least and intrigued to see more. And good on him, he’s looking fucking tremendous. Wonder if he will wrestle in that lovely sweater?

Really like the look of Bray’s new character, but I don’t blame fans for not having faith WWE can pull it off. Fans have been conditioned to believe this will be shit in about a month.

I’ll wait and see how it plays out but won’t get my hopes up 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Looking forward to this new Bray Wyatt character developing into WWE's own fully-fledged version of ZZZAP!, with Bo Dallas playing Smart Arty and Curtis Axel playing Cuthbert Lilly. Liv Morgan would be a great Daisy Dares and you can give Ricochet his big break by sticking him under the hood as Tricky Dicky. Bray can then absorb into the background and become the floaty, crafty pair of marigold-clad hands known as The Handymen.

• neil locked this topic